Wednesday, November 17, 2010

23 and counting

It is crazy to think that in a month I will have a two year old. Seriously, where did the time go? It is fun to see Brooke become her own little person. I feel like she's grown up so much just in the past month or so. She's so smart and is saying and doing new things daily.

*If Brooke has a runny nose and I don't have a tissue on hand, I just use her shirt (gross, I know). So when I was sniffly Brooke came up to me held out the corner of her shirt to me and said "nose?" Like, "here mom, you can use my shirt"

*She loves to help. She can take her plate over to the garbage, scrape it, and then I lift her up to put it in the sink.

*She is obsessed with books. She constantly has to be holding one and requests one to sleep with each night. Even though the lights are off, I can hear her in her crib turning pages and reading to herself.

*Loves kitties. We have a kitty who has adopted us. We don't let it in the house, but that doesn't stop Brooke and the cat from "meowing" to each other, or stop Brooke from trying to share her food with it through the sliding glass doors.

*Prays often. We say at least 3 prayers during dinner at Brooke's request. While we pray, Brooke is over in her chair saying her own jibberish prayer. Then if she wants to say it all by herself she'll put her finger on her nose (you know, like when you hold your finger up to your lips to signal, be quiet. Brooke hasn't quite gotten it, so it's a finger on her nose) and goes "shhhhhh" Then she'll fold her arms and say her own prayer, the only thing we can make out is 'A-Men!"

*is so cute to say "thank you" when you give her something. She even says thank you to the boys passing the sacrament when it comes to us.

But all this is not to say that Brooke doesn't have her sassy side too. The terrible two's are alive and well at our house!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so sweet! Cute pictures. I love the personality you can really start to see coming out at this age.

The Crace's said...

I can't believe she's almost 2! We can't wait to see you guys!

Kolbi Young said...

She has such good manners :) I love to hear about her and get an idea of what to expect for Ryker in the next six months. I especially love the runny nose and shirt anecdote! Hopefully she isn't doing the same to the children at nursery or daycare!

You've commented about Ryker being happy.....generally yes, he has a very silly personality. However, it may be because I only pull out the camera when we're all in a good mood. I promise you yesterday evening he was crying, stopping, or fussing every 10 minutes. Ugh! Those are the nights when bedtime can't come soon enough!

Sarah H. said...

Wow! I can't believe how time has gone by! That seems crazy!

Nicole said...

I do love the little things they do when they start to learn manners. I love that she was going to use her own shirt to wipe your nose. Not your shirt to wipe your nose, but hers. Love it! Oh and I may have a new blog post up soon...:)

Hoenes Family said...

When do you get to see the Crace's? That will be so fun! That is so adorable the she says thank you to the guys passing the sacrament. I am not sure I would be happy if a cat wanted to adopt us! You are nice! Do you buy food for it?

Courtney said...

The Crace's are stopping to spend the night with us on their way to WY for Thanksgiving. We're excited to visit with them :) And no, we do not buy food for the cat. It's the previous homeowner's cat who refuses to leave.

Sarah said...

So sweet! I read recently that children naturally want to please and cooperate until about age 8. (Interesting cutoff -- age of accountability?) I'm not sure how the terrible two's plays into this, though.

Alicia Estepp said...

I know how you feel! My baby turned 2 in September. I think the first 2 years just flys by! She sure is a cutie.

Sarah said...

BTW, here is the link to donate to Smile Train.

http://www.smiletrain.org/site/TR/Events/General?pxfid=7370&fr_id=1030&pg=fund

Thank you so much!

Misty said...

She is such a cutie!! It's crazy how fast they grow! Charlie is only a little over 6 months away from 2!!! Crazy!!

The Sugar Loaf said...

I have to tell whomever reads this that Brooke is adorable, brilliant, a charmer (especially to her Dad), does love to play games, read, and eat almost everything. And best of all she calls me "Honey" and Pinch "Pinch". Thanks Blake and Courtney for blessing us with such a cute little Munchkin!