Monday, November 8, 2010

Insert Title Here

This is a very random post and I have no idea what to call it, so....

If you see Blake's hair looking extra stylish here's why:
Blake did his own shopping this past week. He usually uses Pert Plus for its convient 2 in 1 option, but I had to laugh when he picked out (unbeknownst to him) the "Thick n Full for extra volume".

Brooke has been really into dress up lately. She picked this outfit herself:
Brooke emptied out the toy bin and put her blankie inside and pushed it around the house. Brooke also loves "pretties". She is constantly wanting to get inside my jewelry box and put necklaces on. I have a feeling Santa will be bringing her some of her own jewlry for Christmas.
When she got tired of pushing her stuff around, she decided it would be fun to put the toy bin on her head. At least it's see-through!
We got up super early on Sunday ,thanks to daylight savings time, and were able to take some cute pictures before church. And for those of you who are extra astute, yes we're at my in laws house. Blake was hunting over the weekend so we went to church with them.


Here we are looking for "ducks" which were really the peacocks. After church, Brooke was so excited that the neighbors dog came over to visit.

And to make this post even more random, I have to share some funny things that have happened with some of my students lately.

1) I was playing a word game where each student had some letter tiles and they had to find words from just the tiles on their desk. One student raised his hand said, "I found 'hag'. Is that a word? I said yes it was and then another student said, "Isn't that when a girl is on her period?" and another student goes, "No! That's the rag!" OH MY GOSH! I was dying! First of all, what kind of boys would say that without dying of humuliation?! And he said it like it was no big deal. He either doesn't fully understand what he's talking about, or has lots of sisters. All of the other boys in my class were like "dude! Shut up!" I quickly moved them onto another subject.

2) I am losing my voice. By the end of the school day my voice is pretty nonexistent. One of my students comes up to me, plain as day and says "Mrs. M. your voice sucks." You gotta love their brutal honesty.

9 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

I didn't get a chance to comment on your last post, but "hooray!!!" for you! I'm so glad to hear that you are done unpacking and are getting settled. It looks great! Good luck hunting for furniture - I love that job :)

Love Blake's shampoo find. As funny as it is, my husband is extra particular about his personal care items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, face lotion, etc.).....So I'm thinking he would have purposefully chosen the "Thick n Full" variety! I also love Brooke's church outfit. I have seen the tutus everywhere and have been tempted on several occasions to buy one...for my secret stash of girl things!

Adrienne said...

brooke is so cute in that pink skirt. I love hearing about things from the classroom.

The Crace's said...

I miss teaching the 12/13 yr old sunday school class. They say some of the funniest things!

Nicole said...

Oh my GOSH! That is soo funny! I also love how pretty Brooke's outfit is. She is such a cutie. I love your pearls too. I want a strand one of these days... And Blake must be trying to look especially nice for an inmate and not know it :) does anyone have a crush on him in there?

Sarah said...

Brooke is a cutie. I love that outfit in the last picture.

LOL That is hilarious about the letter tiles. I wouldn't have known what to say had I been there, but reading about it is pretty funny.

Ryanne said...

Brooke's hair looks so pretty and I love her outfit and jacket. Such a funny post too!

emily ballard said...

What a happy little girl!

When I first met Steve, he didn't use shampoo. Ever. This is a true story. (His hair was long too.) He didn't wash it with shampoo because then he had fly aways. So I introduced him to the wonderful world of conditioner!

Carolyn said...

Bless you for being a teacher of kids that age.

The Sugar Loaf said...

I just love the pictures of you and Brooke together. What happy times for you and your family, Courtney. You are such a good wife and Mom. And yes, I do believe Blake is a great Dad too.