I did all of my Black Friday shopping online and at first thought I didn't really find anything, but then seeing all my shipping confirmations emailed to me, I must've done all right because there is a lot coming to our house! Our town does a fun kick-off to the holiday season every year called "Holly Days" There's a craft fair, ice sculpting contest, face painting, magicians, free concessions, free christmas movie matinees at the theater, free ice skating and all sorts of other stuff. We didn't take Brooke last year because she was still so little, but this year we braved the cold for a few activites.
We met up with Blake's sis and her kids just in time for the pony rides. Ellie was so great to ride with Brooke.
We stood in line forever to ride the camels, and just as we got to the front of the line Brooke reached her breaking point. It was over an hour past nap time and it was cold. Brooke started crying and couldn't be calmed down so we left without getting a ride. But we did get to sit on one before the meltdown, which I think for Brooke was just as good as going for a ride.
Saturday we went up on the mountain to get our Christmas tree. This is a fun tradition that I hope to continue for years and years.
And to our suprise we got an earlier than expected Christmas gift. Our couch we ordered came! It was supposed to take 3-4 weeks to be delivered but here it is just a week and a half later! We love it and it's definitely much better than laying on the floor to watch movies. I've also been waiting for this before I hung anything on the walls, so now I can start decorating our downstairs.
11 comments:
I love the couch! We have our eye on a similar style for when our basement is done (if it is not out of style by then - haha). Congrats on the successful Thanksgiving feast and Black Friday shopping. Although there is something I love about shopping in the stores with the masses of people all after the same items. Gets me in the spirit of Christmas :)
The couch looks awesome! Lots of movie time ahead!!! In hindsight we should have bailed on the camel rides and just sat on one instead. Then we could have done tons of other stuff. Oh well...there's always next year!
It was so fun to see you guys! Love the new couch. Have fun watching many movies!
I love the couch! Looks like a fun Thanksgiving and great beginning to the holidays. Miss you guys.
I love your couch too. Looks great! We had our first Thanksgiving at home too and I love those Reynold's bags, too, so easy and so moist. We had almost the exact same experience at Holly Days. We waited in line for an hour and half to ride the camel for one 45 second turn around the pen. Talton started crying about halfway through because he was so cold. When we asked him what he liked best (we did the train ride and the ponies, too), he listed the camel experience as his least favorite. But hey, at least we can say we did it (how many times do you get the chance to ride a camel?). Next year I think we'll skip straight to the Anadarko FunHouse at Western Park ;) Glad you had a good holiday!
Congrats on hosting your first Thanksgiving! I have yet to attempt it. We will see how long I can get out of it.
I love cutting your own Christmas tree. That is the best!
your tree looks like our tree which is still in my garage waiting for me to strangle it with lights. I love your couch. I totally want a sectional like that but our TV room is too small. So does the ottoman have storage? it kind of looks like it does. And that camel was pretty cool!
ps- it looks like Blake is trying to hitch hike with a tree! and you guys like seriously just pulled over and chopped one down huh?
Hooray for a new couch! Sounds like I will have to give the old Reynold's bag a whirl for next year. Love your new couch. What a fun tradition your town has to kick off Christmas! looks like a lot of fun.
The couch actually looks better in 'person'. It is gorgeous and so much fun. The Kids said they just sat on it and watched movies all weekend. Hip-hip-hooray since you have been so busy tending our house. Your home is beautiful. And the Christmas tree looks wonderful in the frontroom. And Brooke is staying away from it too. Happy pre-Christmas to you, Blake, and Brooke. So glad to be home and with you.
Love, love, love the couch! That's the same style we want when we someday get a family room. Your town festival sounds so fun! The camels are great. Good job on your 1st Thanksgiving, it sounds great.
Post a Comment