I have been following a blog called "Money Saving Mom" for a while. She is pretty inspiring. One of the things she's done is put 100% down on a house. Crazy! She also has a series called "We Paid Cash" where readers can write in and tell their own stories. I did this and they published it yesterday! I'm pretty excited and the comments from complete strangers have been so nice! Check it out
here!
9 comments:
Very cool, Courtney! When Steve and I first got married, he was so overwhelmed by the thought of a mortgage that he wanted to wait until we saved up the money to buy a house in cash. (Not very realistic. . . or smart in my opinion.) Glad I talked him out of that or else we would probably still be living in our 14-foot trailer! It was, however, a very good lesson in patience to save up every penny to buy our car. And your house looks beautiful; you did a wonderful job.
How cool is that!? I loved what you wrote. Good for you!!!
You rock! Definitely an inspiration to others trying to save money for a large investment! Keep up the good work!
That is so cool! Such a great house too!
Congratulations on finishing your house and publishing that great article! We haven't purchased our first house yet, and you gave some good tips, especially about the kitchen remodel. I hadn't thought of that. Way to go!
Very nice sis! I read it yesterday but a crisis came and I had to run off before i could comment. You guys did a good job. And you are ever so much more frugal than me, says the bag I have stashed in my closet for Christmas!
That is awesome! Way to go on being smart and staying well within your means. It can be hard because it's sooooo tempting to buy more house than is needed and become house-poor. I'm afraid of myself when house hunting for that reason, but you guys did an amazing job! Also that article said you live in Utah, but for some reason I was thinking you lived in Colorado. Are you guys close by?
Good for you, Courtney! I'm always impressed with DIY-ers. Our house was new when we bought it but the basement needs to be finished. Slowly but surely it will be done.....wish I had a magic wand some days :)
I knew you taught Language Arts but what an author you are. Congratulations on being published. Now it is time to write your own Series. Hope you do. You and Blake have worked hard, been careful, and now have a beautiful home for more Grands! Love you both for your example to each of us to be more frugal and appreciate what we have. But even more than the physical appearance, your home is filled with love and happiness.Good job, Kids!
Post a Comment