Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Day!

The days prior to Brooke's birthday we kept saying her birthday was coming. Brooke couldn't quite handle that mouthful so to her it was "happy day!" She would walk around the house with a big smile on her face saying "happy day" over and over. On Friday (her actual birthday) she got to bring cupcakes to daycare and got to wear a special bday crown and all the kids sang to her. Her sitter, H., was so cute and gave Brooke a purple dress up skirt (which Brooke wore all weekend), a new book and cute hair clip. We invited grams and pinch over Friday night to give Brooke her present from us. It was a big hit!

This was definitely a little more than we had planned to spend for a 2 year old, but I look at it as an investment. I figure we can use this slide with all our kids, can put it going into the pool in the summer and is the start of our outdoor play yard we hope to put in someday. For now, it's perfect in the play room and will good for Brooke to play on during these long winter months.

Saturday we had a little birthday party with the in-laws, Blake's cousin's family and Zac and his kids. Apparently it is impossible to just get paper plates that say "happy birthday" without some kind of obnoxious cartoon character on them, so I went with tinker bell plates.
Brooke loves kitties, so her cake seemed appropriate. I love this bakery I found. It's the same lady who did Brooke's cake last year. The cake choice was confirmed when I saw Brooke playing with the kitty through the window

Brooke was funny when she tried to blow out her candle. She couldn't get enough air to do it and kept giggling. We had to get cousin Jack to help us out. Sorry for the poor lighting on the video.

Brooke was so different with her cake than last year. She was very proper about it and ate it with a fork.Zac, Jack, and Isabel got Brooke a cute little puppy. When Brooke opened it and felt how soft it was she said "blanky!" The puppy has earned a spot in her crib to sleep with.Ken, Mindy, Josh and Alexia got Brooke a "whack-a-ball" toy. It was a huge hit!
The birthday girl at the end of the night, ready for bed!And Brooke wasn't the only getting presents this weekend. Blake got his dad a new puppy for Christmas! A golden retriever named Lady.

7 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

What a great day and celebration!! I am also not a fan of all the cartoony characters....not for clothes, bedroom decor, even party-ware.....but you gotta do, what you gotta do :) I figure the day will come when Ryker insists and I oblige. Until then, I'm steering clear :)

The slide is perfect indoor or out! And the cake looks delicious. Great party, Momma!

Nicole said...

I love the slide for all the reasons you listed! and I think the cake is super cute and even better that you didn't make it:) Tell little Miss Brooke Happy Birthday from us and give her a great big kiss from me.
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Perfect gift for the inside during the winter! Looks like fun with everyone over...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brooke!!!

Ryanne said...

I love the cake, its adorable! And the birthday celebrations. So you still have your 'kitty'?

Our ABC Family said...

Too cute!!! Happy Birthday Brooke! Looks like she had a lot of fun!

Courtney said...

'Happy Day' was enjoyed by all. Thanks Blake and Courtney for giving John the dog. But thank you much more for giving us a cute Grand. Love you all. Happy Holidays.

Unknown said...

Happy very belated birthday Brooke! You would not believe my inlaws got Talton the same slide for Christmas. I love your new family pictures, they look gorgeous! I also love the one of you and Brooke at the top of your Christmas Eve post!