Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Jolly Holidays

We had so much fun this Christmas. The holidays are always fun, but it's true when they say it's more fun being a parent with kids at Christmastime. This was Brooke's 3rd Christmas and was the first time she really got into the spirit of opening presents to see what was inside, rather than just playing with the wrappings!

Christmas morning I woke up to find my present that Blake had hidden away in our crawl space since Thanksgiving. Ever since we moved into our house I've had the perfect spot for a ladder shelf.
Blake had to work Christmas, but was able to stay around long enough to open presents and eat breakfast.

Brooke loved opening her presents. And FYI: Brooke didn't get a box of huggies for Christmas, I just used the box to wrap another gift in.
One of her gifts was a trunk with dress up stuff in it. She immediately wanted to put everything on!My mom got Brooke a little broom and dust pan of her very own. Brooke loves to help me clean, and now she can without us fighting over the broom.
Brooke did lots of cleaning and talking on the phone Christmas day! Here's our little Cinderella cleaning with all of her jewelry on.I asked my friend Sarah to make one of her famous owls for Brooke. Didn't it turn out so stinkin' cute?And I didn't waste any time putting my shelf to good use. Monday morning I took down all of our Christmas decorations, deep cleaned all the rooms, and put the shelf in its new home. Thanks Aunt Nicole for this cute "clothing swap" find! The shirt fits perfectly and is so cute!

11 comments:

Ryanne said...

Did Blake make your present or buy? Its very cute and your house looks great! Brooke is such a sweety, I love all the pictures.

Courtney said...

Your front room looks great with your new shelf. Thanks for blogging Christmas and Brooke's birthday. Such wonderful times with this little girl. She will love looking at these pictures someday and reminiscing.

Our ABC Family said...

So cute!!! I love your ladder shelf! And Brooke looks adorable, as always! :) Wanted to tell you too, when I came to drop off the plate of goodies, I realized your new house you bought was from a family that was from my home town. One of their boys I went to Highschool with. Small world! :)

Sarah said...

That shelf looks great. I haven't ever seen one before. And that owl is VERY cute. I love it. I can't believe your decorations are already put away! Talk about efficient.

Nicole said...

I have to agree with Sarah...you are very efficient sis. I love the shelf. scoot your couch a tinsy bit towards the piano so the center line on the couch lines up dead center with the picture. That is just me being anal. And Brooke does look darling in her shirt and I meant to tell you that you look so pretty in the first picture of your last post! Like pretty enough to be a newscaster or something! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the shelf! And Brooke looks so dang cute in all her dress ups! Such a fun age!!!

Kolbi Young said...

Ryker also got some "cleaning" tools....I was scrubbing the tub/shower and he brought his broom into help. Very funny, that they "get" what to do. I love Brooke sweeping and talking on the phone. Total multi-tasker, like her mom???

Your front room looks so nice! I'm secretly coveting your piano. On my front room wish list :)

And in response to your comment about taking Ryker out in the snow....not my idea -ha! Already happened by the time I go home from work. I'm still unsure as to how much he enjoyed himself :)

Courtney said...

BTW--the first post "by me" was really my MIL--she accidentally commented when I was still logged in!

Cara said...

Glad your Christmas was so fun! I love that shirt Nicole got, where's mine, ha ha? Those pictures of your family are so cute, I love them! I can't believe how old Brooke looks and that she's 2 already. Time flies!

Misty said...

SO happy that you had a great Christmas!! I love the ladder shelf. I have always wanted one...but unfortunately my boys would use it as a ladder!

The Sugar Loaf said...

I love the picture of Brooke on the stairs. Her cute little mischievous smile says it all. How I love that little Girl. Thanks for having her!