Sunday, April 3, 2011

3,6,9,10,Yellow!!!

Wondering where the title comes from? That is how Brooke counts.Relaxing on the deck and after getting undressed & Brooke decided that she didn't actually want to take a bath, she just wanted to be naked

Brooke is our little sweetheart with a spicy side. We came home one day to find Blake laying on the couch downstairs. Brooke goes up to him and says "Daddy, are you okay? Do you need a hug? Do you need some scissors?" I think she was hoping that we'd say, "Yes, Brooke go upstairs and get the scissors for us. While you're up there, cut something up, won't you?"She loves scissors and stickers. We have to hide both. Sunday morning Brooke was running around without her shirt. I told her to go get it. She brings me her shirt, only to find she has stickers all over her belly! She also loves to color and read books. She has the book "Mr. Brown Can Moo" memorized. If you ask her what does the rain say she replies "dibble-dibble, dibble-dop". She also has one of those "Fur Real" animals she got for Christmas. It's a kitty. It meowed once and Brooke goes "Oh, Kitty, why you crying? Do you need a momma?" She said it like she was so concerned about it. Brooke will also call Blake and I by our first names. We always hear calls for "Bwake" Or "Coatnee" and have to remind her, "no I'm mommy/daddy"
Other loves *yogen (yogurt)
* chocit noke (chocolate milk) "hot" means she wants it heated in the microwave. Nestle makes a no sugar addes chocolate milk mix, and whenever I get it out of the cupboard Brooke points and exclaims "Bunny drink it!" At first I didn't know what she was talking about, but on the front there is a picture of bunny with a glass of chocolate milk and B. thinks that is hilarious.
*loves the cat that is still hanging around our house. Everyday she has to go ouside and try to find it. When she does, Brooke shouts "Kitty! Kitty!"
*birdy (the movie Up) I think it's the combination of the ballons and the bird that make it so exciting for her.
*shoes. Brooke has to be wearing shoes at all times! She loves new shoes. I just got some summer flipflops for her and she is in heaven wearing them. Notice the burned pot holders? That pretty much summarizes the quality of my cooking.




*singing songs. She learned a circle song at daycare and sings it all the time. She can sing along with me to "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" and "Twinkle, Twinkle"



*being a mommy to her baby. She puts it to bed, rocks it, changes it's diaper, takes it potty, hears it crying and picks it up. It's so cute to watch!
*saying prayers. Brooke always prays right along with us. She's even mastered "Dear Heavenly Father..." sometimes she prays about her movies, or about grams and pinch or mommy and daddy.
*wady (Lady, grams and pinches dog) Right now, Brooke is standing at the back door yelling for "Wady" to "Come here!" She also took a pie crust off the counter and informed me it was cookie for Lady and wanted to bring it out to her.

Oh, but she can throw a nasty temper tantrum. She purposefully bangs her head on the wall or floor until she cries, she scratches at her head, rips her hair bows out, screams at the top of her lungs, tries to take off her clothes.... it's a real show.

I'm still delaying potty training. Brooke wears pull-ups and goes in the potty a few times a day, but is only good about it if we remind her. If we forget, she doesn't use the potty. I think changing her over to big girl underwear would fix that, but that is a hurdle I'm not mentally ready to deal with. The plan is to do it as soon as I get out of school for the summer. That way it will be warm enough for Brooke to run around in just her undies and I can devote all my attention to her.

And Finally, some conversations with Brooke: She is so cute and funny once you get her talking!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She is getting so big! I was just looking through my photo library and saw the picture of when I came to see Brooke when she was a newborn! It seems like that was just a few months ago. She's so cute!

Our ABC Family said...

Ive been playing blog catch up on your blog! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!!! Love the pictures and glad you guys were able to have time away! Brooke sure is a cutie and makes me laugh! Glad you guys are doing well!

The Crace's said...

That is hilarious she asked if Blake wanted scissors! She's going to keep you guys on your toes at all times!

Sarah said...

What a sweetheart. It is so fun to watch their little personality emerge.

I put off potty training Sophie for a while. I was completely overwhelmed with the idea and just didn't want to deal with it. Finally, she was more than ready and I knew I had to seize my opportunity. It went MUCH better than I was anticipating. I still haven't tackled night-training. Again, I don't want to deal with it. :)

Hoenes Family said...

I hope putting her in big girl underwear works for you because it hasn't for me! I just keep hoping she will catch on one of these days! I think our little Brooke's would be great friends! I noticed you commented on my blog. My pics weren't working, so if you couldn't see them, I fixed them now!

Adrienne said...

she sounds adorable

Kristin Wilkerson said...

I can not believe how big she is. It's crazy! We need to do her pics soon :) Hope you guys are doing good. I love checking in on your blog. I'm usually on a phone so it's hard to leave comments but I look at it everytime you make a post. You guys are so cute!!

Nicole said...

She must love scissors and if they make her happy they must make everyone happy! I couldn't get the videos up on my iPhone probably the only thing it can't do besides give birth, but I will see them as soon as I get home! Dang she is funny!

abshire said...

I've been so worried about the fact that Zack calls milk "noke." Glad to here someone else's kid does too. Sigh of relief.

The Sugar Loaf said...

What fun memories years from now to watch and hear Brooke talk. She speaks so well. I love to hear her little words come out sweet and innocent. It is just an amazing process isn't it of growing up!