I guess an advantage to being tucked away in the corner of the state is that some of the springs storms that have hit everywhere else haven't made it out our way. We have all been enjoying the (relatively) warm weather... especially Brooke and Blake who want to be outside
all the time. This weekend we did some work in our garden: getting it tilled, planted a row of peas and Blake constructed a lattice for us to grow our own grapes.

Last week, Brooke helped me cook dinner. She loves to help out. Afterwards, I had all these guilty thoughts like "what if that pot tipped over and she was burned?!" I made sure to watch her really closely, so does that count?

On Thursday Jack and Isabel came to play--we love getting all this cousin time. This was also a good day for J. and B.--they had lots of fun together.
Please ignore Brooke's outfit. Her purple jacket was the only one I could find! 
The dog from across the street, Toby, decided to come jump on the tramp too. Brooke kept saying "go away Toby! Go away! No, no, no"

Friday we celebrated Uncle Zac's birthday & B. got to help blow out the candles.

Saturday was a great day to go to the park in the morning. And I was reminded just how much Brooke has grown up since this time last year. Brooke was so much more independent--playing on a lot of the big kid toys and had a lot more fun, I think.


I set our stuff down while Brooke played and all of a sudden Brooke decided she was tired and needed a break.

We set up our picnic spot and Brooke drank 3 capri suns and ate tons of snacks. She really wore herself out. It also made for a nice nap later on!

Saturday night Brooke had her first Easter Egg hunt at grams and pinch's house with the cousins. It didn't take her long to catch on what it was all about!

Daddy helping her get an egg that was up high

Brooke didn't like the pokey branches, so she pointed to the egg and we got it for her

This was a learning moment for B. The other cousins all found frisbees and B. was feeling sad that she didn't have one

Then it was all good when she got a frisbee of her own.

She found lots of eggs! Everytime she saw one she'd yell "I see it! Egg!"
10 comments:
Brooke is at such a fun stage. And don't feel guilty about cooking. I'm sure you were being careful and how fun for Brooke. You might be a little disappointed when you make your way up here though. Our weather is nothing like yours; I just wish we were doing all the playing outside you guys are!
Your garden spot looks great by the way.
Your post makes me homesick. We need to come out soon.
By the way, I love the new look on your blog...so Springish, Springy...whatever!
I agree they get so much funner (is that a word?) when they get older and more independant. Hooray for spring time and easter egg hunts!!!
Brooke has such long hair! When did that happen?!
I love seeing Olivia's clothes on her! I can't believe how much my girl has grown when I see the cute stripy pants and orange shirt! Can't wait to see your pictures of your garden! I miss mine.
Love the frisbee incident and photos to document. Glad Grams made it better ;) We've been practicing hiding empty eggs, so I'm excited to see Ryker's reaction when he finds candy inside!
Per your previous post, I haven't yet read the Hunger Games series. Tyler has....but at that time I was stuck on all books by Phillipa Gregory. I better get to reading before the movie comes out!
Thanks for the blog. It is so fun to see how much Brooke has grown. I guess she is ready to be independent now since she would rather have us 'go away' when she is doing something.
It was a fun week with Isabel and Jack playing with Brooke.
Our blessings are our Kids and Grands. Thanks for sharing the memories!
What great parents our Grands have!
Brooke's hair is so long; she is getting to be such a big girl. I often issue a disclaimer for Sophie's clothes when we are out in public: "She dressed herself."
Brooke is so cute. She is getting so big. I wish it was spring here. Your lawn is so nice and green.
We are so excited next week we are going to buy a house. I didn't want to post about it until we close on it but I am so excited I just wanted to tell you.
Post a Comment