Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Part Two of the Pumpkin Party

One of the things I have been wanting to do with Brooke for a while was go to the aquarium. We finally set some time aside to drive out there last Thursday over my Fall Break from school. We had such a great time! The aquarium was the perfect size, I thought, for little kids and had everything we'd want to see. I definitely plan on going back again. Brooke's favorite part was definitely seeing the jellyfish (she kept trying to escape from me to go back and look at them--she probably would have stood there all day watching them if I'd let her) and also watching the stingrays. At the gift shop, I got Brooke these sunglasses because she is always complaining how the sun is in her face. Plus, she is always trying to steal my sunglasses.

After the aquarium, we went to the park and had a picnic. Later, we headed down to my mom's house to spend the night. My mom watched Brooke for me and I was able to go out to eat with one of my good friends. No kids. No husbands. Just a lot of girl talk and catching up. It was so nice!

The rest of fall break was spent having a real pumpkin party:
We made sugar cookies. Which was actually really fun. Brooke knew just what to do! She was very independent about it and didn't want my help.We also painted some pumpkins. We'll carve the big one this weekend, but Brooke was super excited to use her paints and glitter.

6 comments:

Sarah H. said...

How cute...she really looks like she knows what to do with the sugar cookies! I'm sure this Halloween will be a lot of fun now that she is older and knows what is going on.

Our ABC Family said...

Too fun! And she is sure growing up! I swear every time I see her, or in pictures, she looks so much older to me! I hope you're feeling and doing well!

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! I love Fall activities. It seems like all of a sudden, Brooke looks like a little girl rather than a toddler. They grow so fast!

Yes, you and Blake are the same age as Spencer. I am 31, so I am a little older. Just a little. :)

Ryanne said...

I love those glittery pumpkins, they are fabulous! I wish I had taken a picture of my kiddos in front of that spot at the aquarium, that picture of Brooke turned out great.

Unknown said...

I love Brooke's orange tights! She looks so cute and festive. What a cute idea to paint pumpkins. You're a good mom!

Carolyn said...

Brooke is really starting to look a lot like you! And your belly is looking cute, too.