I"ll have you know those pumpkins on the left are some that I made in young women's when I was 12! Yep, pretty proud of my craftiness.Earlier this month, Blake shot his first bull elk. We was pretty excitied. It's not much for horns, but it's meat in the freezer.
Do you think Brooke has any idea that she is sitting next to a dead animal? She's not her father's daughter for nothing!
On October 15 it was the annual Oktoberfest. Steph and her family came out to visit, plus Blake's cousin & family, and the neighbors came out to celebrate with us.
We took a hayride to chocolate rock. The kids had fun stopping along the way to get clues for for the treasure hunt.
After the kids found the treasure, I was the mean mom who had to inspect Brooke's treat to make sure it was okay. I love how brooke is looking up so expectantly at me.
The kids found a lizard and Brooke was beyond excited to touch it. (Please ignore her chocolate mouth)
And this is the "Hey Courtney! Let's get a profile shot!"
And these pictures of B. kill me! We went on a trip over the fall break this past week (that will be the pumpkin party part 2 post) and I got some snowboots for Brooke (you know, for like the 5 times she'll go outside this winter). Brooke LOVES them. She wanted to wear them right away...and her snow hat...and bring her halloween bucket...and keep wearing her puppy back-pack (or pack-pack is how B. says it) She was very proud of herself. We had to get her picture taken next to our small fruit tree. Hopefully someday it will be huge and we'll say "Do you remember when our trees were that small?!"
4 comments:
Oh the similarities! I am so glad to know that my children are not the only ones that like to fill bags with random things like dirty shirts and sippy cups! Also, we say pack pack. I hope you like elk meat because that is lot of meat Blake shot! Love that belly shot. You look great!
Oh on Halloween her pumpkin party really will be a party.....only instead of random stuff, it will be treats! I'm so excited this year, knowing the fun Ryker will have. Happy Trick-or-Treating!
It was so great to see you guys! Thanks for the elk meat. You have no idea how grateful Kurt is! We will pay you back somehow.
Those pictures of Brooke are awesome! I love that her personality is starting to show so much in pictures. You captured all of the best expressions on her face. I also love the baby bump! I wish we could all get together again to get another picture together...and I keep wondering about Sandy have you heard from her?
Post a Comment