Yesterday afternoon I had to stopy by my dr's office to do my glucose screening test. I got a call from Blake around 4:30 saying "Where are you?! We're waiting on you!" So as I drove home, I fully expected to see hordes of trick or treaters beating down our door with Brooke itching to go out herself. Nope. Empty, quiet streets. Blake and Brooke were so excited to go out, I had to keep telling them over and over that it was still too early. We needed to have dinner first. Apparently we were supposed to have clam chowder for dinner on Halloween (that is a tradition in Blake's family growing up) so thankfully I had some of the canned kind in our pantry. Next year I may attempt to make it from scratch.
Finally it was time to go out!


Brooke did awesome! Blake said she really got the hang of it and was loving it. There were a few times she was scared of spooky looking houses and had to hold Blake's hand as they walked to the front door. But they were gone from about 5:30 until 7:00. That is a lot of trick or treating for a 2 and 1/2 year old! Likewise, I bought a bag of 300 suckers to hand out and ran out of candy! I had to go through Brooke's stash and get out some of the candy she can't have like gum and gobstoppers and we regifted those.
When Brooke came home she was bouncing off the walls, she was so excited (and on a sugar high, I'm sure) from her night. She became my helper, handing out candy to the trick or treaters who came to our house. She also made sure to tell everyone who came "Don't step on my pumpkin!"
Blake and I decided that Halloween is exhausting for moms and dads!
9 comments:
Brooke looks so cute! I bet it was fun for Blake to see her go trick or treating. I'm excited for that day because I miss trick or treating!!
What a cute little cupcake she is! That is so great that Blake was so excited to take her trick or treating. I too ran out of candy. I think I had well over 200 trick or treaters. Most of them appeared to be our friends from across the border ;)
LOVE Brooke's costume!
Cute, cute! :) Halloween is much more fun with kids!
i must be a bad mom. gum is my go-to treat to keep kaleigh happy.
Brooke looks adorable! And I agree, Halloween is exhausting!
That is cute how they were both so excited to go out. I agree, an hour and a half IS a long time at her age. Maybe the sugar was keeping her going.
I am way behind on the blogging scene. I love Brooke's costume! And I love picturing her holding Blake's hand to go to the spooky houses. She is such a little cutie patootie. And yes, Halloween is exhausting. We had parties Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Its like bigger than Christmas!
Agreed. Between the trick-or-treating, parties and then fighting them off their candy all day long, Halloween has gotten very exhausting.
Post a Comment