The days leading up to Christmas Blake and I kept telling Brooke how Santa was going to come down our chimney and leave us presents. Brooke looked at me with a very serious look and said, "Santa's going to ruin our house!"
On Thursday I spent all day in the kitchen baking yummy Christmas treats. I made 3lbs of fudge, dozens of sugar cookies, peppermint sandwich cookies and 2 loaves of banana bread. It took me a lot longer than I thought it would to get the neighbor plates put together. As nighttime was approaching and we still needed to deliver the plates, I recruited Blake to help me frost cookies. This is what he came up with:
I was laughing so hard! Needless to say that I appreciated the help but this particular plate stayed at our house!
This is a totally random picture, but so cute of our happy girl in the morning!
This is a totally random picture, but so cute of our happy girl in the morning!Blake had the luxury of having all weekend off (something rare in his line of work). Christmas Eve was spent at his parent's house. Blake's sister and her family were also there so it was fun to be with them. Christmas day, we had dinner with his parents at his cousin's house. Blake's aunt and uncle were also there. It was fun to catch up with them. And after killing myself cooking all day on Thanksgiving it was so nice to just relax and eat other people's food!
Christmas Eve, ready for bed and for Santa to come!



Santa came to our house! We had a nice, (relatively) quiet Christmas morning. It was just the 3 of us so we took our time opening gifts. Brooke wanted to immediately play with her things, so it was nice to be able to let her do that.
Video of Brooke coming down Christmas morning


Blake got a Dremmel Saw Max--the tool of all tools. He also got another surprise!
Brooke's magnetic "paper" doll set. She loved it!
A cute stuffed zebra from Nona (my mom)

Ariel and Cinderella were a big hit!
Brooke also got a princess story book that has a crown that plays music when you dance.
Mom and Brooke in our Christmas slippers.Getting ready to stary a rousing game of CandyLand

After we opened presents Blake's parents came over for breakfast. I tried a new recipe: bananas foster baked french toast. It was super easy and yummy. I made it Christmas Eve, put it in the fridge overnight and baked it while we were opening presents so it was ready to go!
Blake's mom made Brooke the cutest blanket for her bed--perfect since we just moved Brooke into her new toddler bed (more on that later!)
6 comments:
What a great Christmas! It is my dream to some day surprise Taylor with a gift and to get a reaction like Blake gave you!
That was so fun! I love the videos with your new camera. Especially Blake's reaction, it was a new tv right? That is so sweet. I'm glad you guys had such a good Christmas!
What a fun Christmas! What a fun surprise for your hubby!
My Brooke saw a pic of your Brooke and said "Ohhhh! So cute!" Also, Blake's cookie decorating cracks me right up! As for my due date, Jan. 12.
Looks like an awesome Christmas! You can't compete with the excitement and sheer joy of a three year old opening gifts :) I love Brooke's love for all things princess. We're on the other end of the spectrum - all things sports :) Happy New Year!
Thanks for sharing Christmas 2011. How that little bundle of joy has grown. So happy you had such a nice holiday and we had the chance to spend some of the time with you. We do love and appreciate all you do for us. Have a great week. So excited for the New Little Guy! Give Brooke a big hug for us.
Post a Comment