And to be quite honest, Porter has become sort of a demanding baby. Thankfully not at nighttime--although he is still waking up about every 4 hours to eat. But during the day he eats about every 2 hours and can be pretty fussy. Brooke and I do a lot to TV watching because most of the time I am holding/consoling a fussy baby. We've watched both season of "Downton Abbey" together and I have discovered a liking for "Revenge" and "Once Upon a Time" (those I save to watch while Brooke is napping-- they aren't really kid appropriate).
But aside from all that, there are days (sometimes just a few moments in the day) when no one is crying and we're in a good mood and I am feeling like I can actually do the whole two-kid thing.
At 6 weeks, Porter now weighs around 11 lbs! He's not sure what to think about tummy time..
Brooke is a mommy too. I loved it when I went to put Porter in his swing and found this:



Although we did have cornbeef for dinner, I didn't really plan anything beyond that. Then as I was reading on FB about all these creative things moms were doing to celebrate I felt guilty and quickly came up with a few things for us to do together. I got both craft ideas from the website No Time for Flashcards.
At 6 weeks, Porter now weighs around 11 lbs! He's not sure what to think about tummy time..


St. Patrick's Day: Wearing our green


Although we did have cornbeef for dinner, I didn't really plan anything beyond that. Then as I was reading on FB about all these creative things moms were doing to celebrate I felt guilty and quickly came up with a few things for us to do together. I got both craft ideas from the website No Time for Flashcards.Craft #1:Making a rainbow out of colored marshmallows (thankfully I had some going stale in the cupboard to use) First, I had Brooke sort all the marshmallows by color into smaller bowls.

Then we glued them onto the paper and Brooke colored the clouds and sun

We added some sparkles and ta-da!
Craft #2 was doing a springtime wall mural. During Brooke's nap I taped the paper onto the wall and cut out some flower shapes and separated them into different bowls.
I put the glue on th pieces for her and handed them to her one by one. She stuck them on the paper herself. Then we did some coloring.
And yes, I know Brooke is in her jammies. During her nap she changed into them.
Love my boys! Thanks, Blake, for all you do!
I have to also mention that on Wednesday Brooke went to the dentist for the first time. She was so excited! She was especially happy when she realized you got a bag full of goodies after they checked your teeth. She's been talking about it nonstop! I love the simple things in life that get kids excited--she's been more than happy to use her new toothbrush and floss she got :)
9 comments:
I have to add that if you look closely in the pic of Brooke coloring, you can see she has added a clothespin in her hair next to her bows. Brooke found one in my craft room and since it has a spring and opens and closes like alot of her bows, it must go in your, right? :)
I bet you will be just fine when you have your 3rd child (I know that is probably not something you want to think about right now) but I just thought your adjustment to two sounds like how my adjustment has been to three. Some people I have talked to say that two was much harder then 3 or vice versa. For me 3 is much harder then two. Either way it is time consuming! Those are cute craft ideas you did with Brooke.
P.S. Good idea to do several posts at once
Those are some very cute kids.
I love reading your blog! It's fun to hear about Porter and compare it to what Hazyl is doing. I'm scared to have two kids now, though! One is fun, but very time-consuming. Two would be nutso. You are such a good mom, though... I can tell. Even with all the things you admitted to... Which are all pretty normal:). I love when people are real on their blog. And I wish I were not too lazy to blog. So good that you have this "journal". I need to start again!
Porter is really a cutie! It sounds like even though its crazy getting used to 2 you are doing pretty good. Especially since you did those fun crafts for Brooke :) Jocelyn is going through alot of the same things as Brooke and our days are pretty rough. And our nights . . . I'm looking forward to spring break when Reggie will be around to help a little more during the daytime. It made me laugh seeing Brooke put her baby doll in the bouncer seat, she is adorable.
I had a hard time going from one to two also. With just one child, I felt like I was a pretty good mom, but when I had two, my unlimited time and patience went out the window. It definitely gets easier when they get older (which probably doesn't help much right now). I think I've come to realize that infants make everything hard. I hope that going from two to three will be a little easier because at least my girls will have each other for entertainment while I breast feed all the time. I hope. :)
I loved the first paragraph to this post.....so many truths, even for a mother of one. I savor my "breaks" when Tyler takes Ryker outside or on an errand. And to be honest, it wasn't until Ryker was 9 months that I actually felt like I had a grip on taking my baby out of the house. I just keep reminding myself as my anxiety spikes thinking of caring for two munchkins, that it just takes time to adjust and to be paient. The feeding every two hours (Ryker did this until he was three months or so), passed, as did the phases of waking up in the night.....It's hard but we get through it with time. Thanks for being so candid - not everything about motherhood is rosey :) Although those two sets of cute, squishy cheeks to kiss make it totally worth it!
OK I am actually on a computer and can leave a comment. I didn't notice the clothespin until I read the comments when I tried to leave a comment from my phone. Anyway, that little Porter is a cutie. He looks like you and Blake all at the same time. And you are a super fun mom btw. Love the marshmallows and the mural. Love you.
Post a Comment