Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Admit...

...my life is not all butterflies and rainbows (shocking, right?) I thought I would take a break from the usual and post some thoughts I've had recently:
  • I let Brooke watch more TV than I should
  • I spend more time online than I should
  • I have raised my voice (that's nice talk for 'yelled' btw) at Brooke..The Power of Positive Parenting is helping me change that.
  • I have been known to say the occassional swear word when frustrated, angry, or stubbed my toe on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night
  • I have thrown two things at Blake. One was a cup (plastic) and the other was tupperwear (full of greenbeans) Both were thrown while I was pregnant (once with Brooke and the other with Porter.) If I get pregnant again, Blake better buy a helmet!
  • A lot of our vacations involve at least one argument between Blake and I. I think traveling stresses us out. Now I can't remember for the life of me what they were about.
  • I hate when I am copied. And I'm not talking someone occassionaly borrows one idea or reposted my pin on pintrest. I think most people know when ideas are there for the taking and when they're not. And when I say being copied: I'm talking all.the.time. by the same person over and over. I know that sounds terrible and that I should be flattered and I know that not all my ideas are original but it still bugs me...hey, I never said I was perfect.
  • I buy prepacked dinners for us to eat
  • I honked at a car repeatedly because it wasn't moving when the light turned green. Then I realized it was stopped for an ambulance coming down the road. Oops.
  • I like to be right and have a hard time admitting when I'm not...which is usually never, so that hardly ever happens ;)
  • I detest exercising, if we had the money I would solve all my problems using plastic surgery
  • I want my children to be better than I was/am
wow...that sure feels good to get off my chest ;)

6 comments:

Rileys said...

Thats funny, I feel like I wrote this! So glad I am not the only one:)

Unknown said...

Ditto! I can personally relate to almost all of these! Reassuring that I'm not completely crazy ;) Thanks for keeping it real and not succumbing to the temptation to the blogging trend of trying to paint a picture-perfect fairly tale of your life. I know my life is not that way and I hate it when other people try to make it sound like they are perfect. That said, you are awesome and pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum hormonal roller coaster entitles anyone who goes through it to a medal! Didn't you love the line from season 2 of Downton, "I am a woman. I can be as contrary as I wish!" So my motto these days!

Ryanne said...

Love it! And you're brave to admit it on your blog, I love that :) Who copies you all the time, I sure hope its not me, I don't think it is at least.

Hoenes Family said...

Amen. Seriously, I can relate to you on pretty much everything you said. It's all temporary......for the next 18 years temporary........ :)

emily ballard said...

I throw things at Steve when I am mad. (And that's been way more than twice.) We love The Power of Positive Parenting too. Love the car honking story!

Our ABC Family said...

I love this post Courtney! I think we all have these thoughts at times. It's a way of reminding us, at least me, that I'm still human and I have a lot of work to do! Thank you for sharing this!