Brooke, no matter how old she gets, will always be my baby...my first baby. I realized that there are only 2 1/2 years until Brooke is in kindergarten. She is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss a single second of it!
Although she is a the epitome of a girly girl- she still likes to get out and get dirty in the garden and ride the tractor with Pinch.
We made smoothies for Family Home Evening one night:
My beautiful girl:
Brooke has gotten over her aversion to "baby Porter" as she calls him. She no longer is scared that he will pee or poop on her :)

I left this picture in here because this is typical at our house: Brooke touching Porter's face; namely his eyes.
Little smiles: Brooke says, "Mom, Porter's tongue is dirty!"
Brooke volunteered to hold Porter for this picture, no coaxing necessary. Two seconds after I took the picture she says, "Okay, I'm done!" and just lets go of him and starts to move away. Luckily I was right there to keep Porter from falling over onto the floor.
This was my attempt at self portrait. Don't we look lovely? Heaven help us!
Brooke at 3 years 3 months:
- loves reading books, even has a few memorized so she can "read" them to herself. She especially likes "green eggs and ham" by Dr. Seuss.
- Has to say her own prayer after we say one. They range from being very sweet (blessing the spirit, blessing family members) to very funny (blessing the Christmas ornaments).
- Still loves to sing and dance and make up her own songs
- loves to wrestle and ride the 4 wheeler with daddy
- we play matching games and candyland together
- loves to paint and color
- is super talkative--during dinner she talks nonstop! We have to ask her to stop talking so she can take a bite of food.
- hates to wear pants, especially jeans. It's nothing but leggings and skirts for this girl!
- says "He's my baby!" when talking about Porter and "Porter is my friend"...oh I hope it stays that way :)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! I still have to tell Olivia to stop talking and eat. She comes home with almost all her lunch from school because she says she didn't have time to eat it. No, she talked for 25 minutes!! And Olivia was once done holding cousin Becca for a picture and slid her off the couch.
Oh and I live the picture of her kissing Porters head. It has both their profiles and their cute mushy cheeks.
I love your self portrait! Porter is chubbin right up! What a cutie!!! I love how you said "Okay I KNOW how that happened" haha! Hilarious.
Kali, I know Porter is getting big! He weighs 11 lbs at 6 weeks! What a chunky monkey!
I totally know what you mean. There are days when I think, "This is my life?" Not in a bad way; it's just hard to wrap my brain around already being to THIS point in my life.
Glad to hear Brooke is no longer afraid of baby Porter. Too funny. I'm impressed that you are keeping up with blogging. Way to go!
I love the self-portrait, not because it is the "perfect" picture, but because it is an accurate representation of what are lives are really like as stay-at-home moms with young kids! You are going to look back one day and be so glad you have that picture. I think it is so funny that Brooke has (or had) an aversion to Porter. Talton did the same thing when Liam was a baby because he got spit-up on a few times. Even know, I still catch him saying, "you're disgusting Liam!" on a fairly regular basis. Haha. Cute post about Brooke. She is really growing up & looking so beautiful!
Post a Comment