I just thought I would compile a list of some of the things I've made recently:
- First I made a Dulce de Leche Banana Toffee Pie That was technically my first pie but I kind of cheated because it calls for a store bought crust and it doen't go in the oven. But it is OH SO DELISH!!
- Then I made these Lime-Coconut White Chip Macadamia-nut cookies I didn't have macadamia nuts, so I used pecans and they were super yummy. They sound weird, but it was fun to make something different than the usual chocolate chip cookies.
- And I have been wanting to make this Creamy Pear Pie for a long time now and finally did it! I was very pleased with out it turned out.
Pears with the yummy filling on top:
My attempt at a lattice top:
The finished product:
It turned out great, despite how ugly it looks. I accidentally forgot to set the timer, but luckily after some time had gone by thought to myself, "why haven't I heard the timer go off?" and went to check on it. If it had burned beyond eating, I would have been really sad. Blake said that this is the best pie he has ever eaten :)Other Cooking Ideas (yet to try, but will soon):
- Freezer cooking ideas
- Healthy Kid Muffins
- slow cooker lemon-lime rice and chicken
- Watermelon-strawberry lemonade
Also, my friend Mandi started a cooking blog. Nothing fancy...she is just posting yummy recipes she tries and likes. She does a lot of cooking with her boutiful basket too. She is always talking about different recipes she tries so I am excited she is sharing them all in once place!
5 comments:
That is beautiful. I love rustic looking baked goods. Yummmm....
I ordered a bountiful basket this week! I am going to check your friends blog out for sure! Way to go on pies! OH and I could really use a freezer meal. I should really start doing that!
I have never attempted a latice. Nice job. and pies always look better with the homemade not quite perfect look. Gives them character and makes them taste better, I think. did you use grandma's pie crust recipe? It's by far my favorite.
Believe it or not, Nicole gave me pie plates for a shower gift before I got married (among other things), but I've never actually used them to bake a pie. My mom is the queen of good pies, which has left me scared to compete :) I'm going to have to take your lead and give it a whirl! I'm glad you are liking cooking/baking. I have yet to find that desire. I love cooking blogs/mags/shows, but when it comes to actually, shopping, cooking and then cleaning-up...I dread it. Blah! I'll have to check out your recommendations for some motivation.
I think your pie looks great! I have never been able to make a good pie crust. I love the Our Best Bites website, too. They have such good recipes for normal, every day food that your family will actually enjoy (sounds like I am trying to make a pitch for them!). Another one I really like is the Pinoeer Woman. Have you ever tried any of her stuff?
Post a Comment