Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day..and other stuff

I am not sure how come whenever I post, I have a bazillion pictures, but I do. Bear with me. In my last post I mentioned how I had started implementing a few things with Brooke. Here is "the box" as we call it full of some of her projects and things she can work on during the day.  So far, it's going...okay. Brooke's attention span isn't very long so I have had to some re-thinking on some of activities. 
Brooke's to-do options:

Doing one of her activities: I found this printable playdoh mat online. It's 20 pages and I just put them in page protectors so the playdoh doesn't ruin the paper.
This is a totally random pic, but I learned how to shred chicken using my kitchen aid! Sweet!
Brooke thinks holding porter is hilarious, Porter not so much
Brooke is so happy to have her own flowers to water with her own watering can.

I love my lillies
Porter sitting in the high chair. He's getting so big.
First time at the splash park this year. 
 I was so excited for Brooke to get this bike. We found it at a garage sale for $10. Brooke, however, is a pretty big wuss when it comes to bike riding. She is scared of falling (the training wheels kind of rock back and forth) and can't figure out how to pedal. We have some work to do before my dreams of going on walks while Brooke rides her bike become a reality.
I love summer evenings

Brooke started taking an exploring dance class each week. I love watching the little girls and how cute they are. Brooke needs to work on being a good listening (that's nothing new) but overall really has enjoyed it so far.
 We painted our deck. And Blake built a new, bigger step for it.
 Apparently it's better to make a bed on the floor, rather than sleep in the bed itself:

 We started Porter on solids. Just rice cereal so far. He loves it! He eats 1/3 cup every night before bed and can't get enough. He eats his bib inbetween bites. I was hoping this would help him to not wake up at 3am, but no go. This kid just loves to eat!
 Went on the lake. This time I got in for about 30 seconds before I decided it was still too cold.
 Our attempt at some self portraits.

 And finally, FATHER'S Day! I am so lucky to have a great dad, a wonderful father-in-law, and an amazing husband.
I had to take a picture of my own cleverness (that I got off of Pinterest). This is what we did for Blake's dad.



This is what I did for Blake..again thanks to Pinterest

3 pennies in these years: 2003 (married) 2008 (Brooke) and 2012 (Porter) all with the dates stamped on the back. 
and while I was getting something for Blake, I might as well get something for me too, right?
really it should be BP, but that just sounds weird to me.
 We had a nice, relaxing day on Sunday with BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, watermelon, and this strawberry coconut cake.  And to top it off, Blake worked his last night shift last night so he is on a normal schedule for the rest of summer YAHOO!

4 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

Okay, you've got me curious. Any secret to shredding the chicken with your kitchen aid? I hate that job and would love a quick fix :)

Where did you find the playdough mats. That would be perfect for Ryker. I've also got an activity box and am constantly trying to keep some fresh activities, so he doesn't loose interest. I'm going to need a stockpile for next month!!

Good job on Father's Day projects. Turned out darling. I'm totally of the opinion that while shopping for others you have the "one for you, one for me" attitude :)

Hoenes Family said...

Okay I have a lot to say.....loved your Father's day gift idea. Where did you do that? Love your lillies too. Beautiful. I wish Maren would love cereal like Porter does. I have tried pears, sweet potatoes and oatmeal and she will not open her mouth! She is a stubborn one. I too feed her solids at night in hopes that she will sleep longer, but she doesn't even when I do get her to eat. She is a terrible sleeper at night. Where did you find those play dough printables!? That is brilliant! Also, what is the trick to shredding chicken in your kitchen aid? I want to do that!

Nicole said...

BP would seem like you were a big fan of an oil company. I do think if there is a number 3 Millecam you should consider a name starting with J. I love you penny key chain,

Adrienne said...

Love the chicken idea.