Sunday, October 7, 2012

8 Months


Here we are again, at another monthly milestone. Our little man is 8 months old! Here's a little bit about Porter right now:

  • no teeth yet
  • not crawling, but can get on his tummy and push himself backwards and roll around to get to wherever he wants to go
  • takes at least 3 naps a day
  • had his first taste of table food--a graham cracker. I gave it to him thinking it would occupy him for a while. He devoured it pretty quickly and went on to eat three more pieces. I don't even have to crumble the crackers up, he just sucks on them until they are soggy enough for him to eat. I kid you not, it probably takes him a minute or less to eat one stick that I've broken off. 
  • going along with the above one, Porter would be happy if he just sat in his high chair and was presented with food all day long. I swear this kid is always hungry. If he sees one of us eating and he doesn't have anything to munch on, he gets really mad!
  • And because he eats SO much, I have decided to start making my own baby food. After a couple batches, I realized it's not hard at all and I have been getting ripped off at the grocery store. I think the only thing that will take a little getting used to is pulling things out of the freezer for the week. I am used to just being able to open a jar of food from the cupboard, and Porter is going to have to learn some patience.
  • He is finally sleeping in until 5-5:30am and then going back to sleep until 7, which is a great change from 3-4am. Hopefully soon he will give up the 5/5:50am feeding, but with how hungry he always is, I doubt it :) I have been tempted to try and wean Porter, but this early morning feeding is my #1 reason to hold out. I am way too lazy at 5am to make a bottle. 
  • is wearing 6/9 and some 6/12 month clothes
  • hates to have his face wiped off (and is not afraid to let you know it!)
  • can say "mama"--I know it's just the baby babble, but I still love it and pretend he is talking to me :)
  • We are trying to get him to wave, but whenever I wave, Porter just laughs and thinks it's hilarious
  • Porter is in for it because I think he has the bossiest big sister ever! Brooke is a little mom to Porter and I often have to remind her that I am actually the real mom. A common saying at our house is "Mom, you're the boss of everyone, and I'm the boss of Porter."

 We are trying to get Brooke out of the habit of her weird smiles and to just smile normal.
I love the kids' expressions as they listen to Blake talk to them.

Love you my little munchkins! And Porter, you can stop growing up so quickly anytime now!

No comments: