Brooke said, "mom, you better wipe up your mess on the counter or my dad will be pissed off." she said this very matter of factly as I sat eating my lunch and almost fell off my chair in shock. Although I couldn't help but laugh a little, we had a talk about that not being the best language to use (thanks, Blake).
Later she said (after our talk about nice language) "mom,we don't say butt crack,huh? But we can say humpty-dumpty!"
Porter,who hasn't been the best sleeper, slept in until almost 6:30 this morning, took an hour nap in the morning and is going on an almost 4 hour nap right now. I could get used to this.
My testimony of paying tithing has been strengthened big time today. In August I forgot to pay our tithing. I think with the stress of school starting, it just slipped through. Then, we have had incident after incident of being stressed about money. I remembered I needed to pay our tithing and couldn't get to church fast enough. We also listened to a prompting telling us we should stay home from a family trip. We were sad not to go,but felt it was right. Now, as I sit and look at our budget I feel extremely blessed. I know it is from paying our tithing and listening to the prompting of the spirit that we are back to where we should be financially. The gospel is great! I am a Mormon. I know it and I love it!
2 comments:
Oh, man I had a chuckle about Brooke's new vocab :) Your description in an earlier post about Brooke at age three really hit home. Sounds like Ryker isn't the only little pill at this stage, let's pray age four is a breath of fresh air (and four is coming sooner for you than me :)!
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby-sitter blues. This spring Pam thought that she might be moving (her daughter was looking for a job in CA - and she lives with her daughter) and I seriously had a major anxiety attack. It is overwhelming to begin the process of finding new childcare. Thankfully, she didn't move and will be with us for at least another year. Still, I can totally empathize with your stress! Thanks for the resources for preschool ideas. Constantly looking for new ways to engage Ryker.
I would have fallen off my chair too! Butt crack and humpy dumpty! That is hysterical. Loved what you said about paying tithing. It is true. So grateful for promptings.
Post a Comment