Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Favorite

Going the corn maze/pumpkin patch is one our favorite family traditions. In fact, it doesn't feel like fall until we've been. We didn't get to go last year and I was so sad. I made sure it was at the top of our "to do" list over fall break. This place is a top attraction in our neck of the woods since it's the only place like this around. We had to drive almost an hour to get here and we never leave disapointed. We packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed the beautiful day and minimal crowds.

Brooke feeding the goats:
 Gotta take some pictures on the haystack:


 At the opening of the kid's hay maze. Blake and Brooke had fun playing hide and seek in there.

 Brooke loved playing in the corn kernals, but didn't really like being burried :)

 The tube slide out of the kid hay maze is always a lot of fun. I even went down it a couple of times with Porter on my lap.




 Pumpkin cannon launcher
 Pumpkin patch time!



 The wagon ride back to the farm with our pumpkins.  Blake said, "I think I'm pictured out"

bye-bye pumpkin farm--see you next year!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful day! And Blake is in a T-shirt. Ah, Utah weather. The pumpkin patch is one of my favorite fall traditions.

Brooke's personality reminds me a little of Sophie. I often reflect on this excerpt from Lynn G. Robbin's talk from the April 2011 Conference:

"A sweet and obedient child will enroll a father or mother only in Parenting 101. If you are blessed with a child who tests your patience to the nth degree, you will be enrolled in Parenting 505. Rather than wonder what you might have done wrong in the premortal life to be so deserving, you might consider the more challenging child a blessing and opportunity to become more godlike yourself. With which child will your patience, long-suffering, and other Christlike virtues most likely be tested, developed, and refined? Could it be possible that you need this child as much as this child needs you?"

It sounds like you already have some great ideas for working with Brooke, but I just wanted to share. :)

Kolbi Young said...

Tyler and I both love the quote above....may we remind ourselves of it during the meltdowns and endless negotiations :)

Glad you all had a fabulous time at the pumpkin patch. Tyler is always saying that he's "pictured out"....so you're lucky you got to the end of the outing for such mentions :)

And those homemade s'mores look devine!!!

Hoenes Family said...

I am have to stop reading blogs about all of these fun fall activities. It is too depressing! BUT I am happy for you! :) I love pumpkin patches! Thanks for you comment on my blog. I hit publish and for some reason it rejected it! Lame! I might just take comment moderation off. The only reason I put it on there in the first place is because I was missing a lot of comments when people would comment WAY below the top post! Anyway, I wanted to tell you that Brooke's crowns, I got off of oriental trading. It comes in a pack of 12. I got extra jewels which you can also order on the site because I know I will use them for other things so it was worth it to me to buy them, but the crowns do come with foam jewels to decorate the crowns with and letters to put their names on it. Great deal. I am SO jealous of your fire place. It's not even funny.

Unknown said...

We went yesterday and it was soooooo cold! Liam ended up screaming and I had to sit in the car with him. Glad your trip went better :) Looks like such a fun time! We'll have to make sure to go early next year, even if Ty is gone hunting! I'm glad that the Basin has fun stuff like this around!

Carolyn said...

I love Fall! Aren't we lucky to live in an area where you get seasons?! I love your fireplace. I am really wanting one.