Over July 5-6 we took our family's first camping trip since Porter joined us. I was very nervous and wasn't sure how he would do. So we selected a campsite near a lake and that was only 20 minutes from home. That way, if Porter had a complete meltdown we could just zip home.
I think the secret to a good camping trip are the activities. I don't want to go somewhere, set up, and then just sit around and stare at each other. Ride bikes, go for hikes, just do something to keep busy. Our kids are water-dogs and swimming was just the ticket to wear these guys out!
We invited some friends to join us for swimming & dinner and everyone had a great time. I put Porter to bed in his packnplay inside the camp trailer and he went right to sleep. So did Brooke when it was her turn. I"d say that was a success!
2 comments:
Glad you had such a good time! You guys do a ton of fun things as a family.
I wish I could camp by a lake just 20 minutes away!!! I also would love to have a camp trailer someday. That would be ideal for sure! Looks like it was a success indeed!
Post a Comment