Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's What Fun Is

One of the perks to Blake's new job is that every year they give their employees enough tickets to take their family to Lagoon. We would probably never spend the money to take our children at this age otherwise. Brooke got her first taste of riding amusement park rides when we were in Maine at Old Orchard Beach and she was a huge fan. I can't believe how fearless she is!  We started our day early with a long car ride and then pulled into Lagoon right before they opened. We slathered on sun screen and off we went!

Don't my kids look like they are having a blast? Porter wasn't too happy about going from his carseat to the stroller and Brooke was sad that she had to wait for dad to ride the rollercoasters before she got a turn.
 Then Brooke got to hold the map and she was happy.
 Hearing the roller coasters come zooming around the tracks kept Mr. P entertained
 Blake's favorite ride:
 Can you see Blake? He's in the front row.

 Finally Brooke and Porter got their turn. I was more than happy to let Blake the big rides by himself. I am NOT a roller coaster fan AT ALL. Riding with the kids is more my style.
carousel

airplane ride
 I was nervous about Blake taking Brooke on a "big-kid" ride: the pirate ship. That thing is scary even to me! But Brooke had a blast!
 Look at that grin!
 You can't even see Brooke next to me, but I promise I wasn't ride the kiddie roller-coaster by myself. My hands are in the air in my attempt to show Brooke how "fun" roller-coasters are.

 This little car ride was Porter's favorite

 Lady-Bug Drop


 The kids and I took a rest and ate some lunch while Dad rode the rocket
 Then we took a ride on the ferris wheel which about gave me a heart attack. Two squirrelly kids un-seatbelted in a wobbly little car that goes hundreds of feet in the air. I was never so happy when we got off that thing.
 Pioneer Village
 Rattlesnake Rapids
After this, we were hot and the lines were starting to get long. We spent the rest of the day at Lagoon-A-Beach getting wet and swimming. Then it was off to Logan to Blake's family reunion that night!

3 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

I knew this would be a Lagoon post when I read the blog title in my blog roll! I love Lagoon. We will probably take our kids there next year. I LOVE the Tidal Wave- AKA what you called the pirate ship. One of my fave rides for sure. I like Wicked as well, but now that I am getting older I am starting to get sick on the coasters it is devastating to me! Love the rocket as well. How fun that you get to go there for free! Oh and Ferris Wheels are absolutely terrifying with little kids. The one at disneyland swings and and only has mesh nets for doors!

Kolbi Young said...

I haven't been to Lagoon in at least a decade....although I think Ryker would really enjoy it. I'm so glad you guys had fun -- free admittance is even better! And your comments about the ferris wheel cracked me up. I would be the same way!

Carolyn said...

I hear you about Ferris Wheels and kids. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it! My kids beg daily to go to Lagoon. I am so cheap and my kids are so short! I keep telling them we'll go when they are all over 4 feet. I think I'm safe for a little while :)