Our town is notorious for having the LONGEST, most DRAWN OUT 4th of July parades. Some years they go on for two hours or MORE!! That is too long and after a while doesn't everything start to look the same? This year, we finally got it right and the parade was only an hour long. I've also gotten smart--I head downtown 30 minutes before the parade starts, park near the beginning of the parade route, set up at the exact start of the parade route and there is little waiting time for my kids to get impatient for it to start. Brooke was so cute during the parade too. She was so good to sit and wave to everyone going by. She was thrilled with the small bits of candy she got, a flag, and one of those draw-string backpacks. Even Porter, who started to wiggle in his stroller perked up as soon as he heard those first sirens going off.
I think this is one of the few pictures I have where both kids are smiling and looking at the camera.
We had dinner with Blake's parents and then left Porter with them so the three of us could enjoy fireworks without having to worry about if P. was even going to like them or not. Brooke got some glow sticks and was so happy.
1 comment:
Glad you had a good 4th. Super cute kiddos.
Post a Comment