Dear Brooke,
I know I say this every year, but this time it's especially true--I can't believe you are 5! You have grown up overnight it seems. I swear just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital on that cold, snowy day. Now, we have kindergarten to look forward to next year and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I can't imagine sending my baby off to school! But you like to remind me that you are big girl now. I am always so impressed with the things you know, and the questions you ask, and how quickly you grasp new words and concepts. I know you will just love school and soak it up.
Your creativeness never ceases to amaze me. Whether it's making up new words to a familiar tune or a whole new song altogether, or attempting to make clothes for your toys out of paper and scraps of fabric--you don't need much to create a new game or toy to play with.
Although you are full of energy, non-stop talking & questions, and excitement you still like to snuggle up with mom and dad to watch a movie or read a book. You still like to come cuddle with us and sit in our laps. You have a sensitive spirit about you and Dad and I have to remember that you get your feelings hurt easily and seemingly little things to us, like telling everyone in the whole family "Merry Christmas" individually are important to you.
I can't believe what a smart, fun, cute girl we have! I just know you are going to excel this next year and hope that I can keep up with your energy and thirst for learning. I love you, my sweet girl, and am so proud to be your mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment