Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tis The Season {festivities}

This Christmas has been so fun with Brooke. (and a little bit annoying too, if I'm being completely honest here--I think I've said, "it's not Christmas, yet" a million times already). This year she gets it and remembers last year the things we did at Christmastime. She is bouncing off the walls with excitement and I'm doing my best to contain it and to help her understand that Christmas is about our Savior and serving others.

Brooke drew a Christmas angel all by herself
 Due to sickness and snowstorms, we were late going up on the mountain to get our Christmas tree this year. It was actually snowing the morning we went up and it was freezing cold, so Porter and I stayed in the car while Brooke and Blake went off to find the perfect tree. It was so cold and I was so paranoid about the snowy road conditions, I didn't care what the tree looked like or how big it was--I just wanted one cut down so we could go home!


 Brooke was a trooper! They had to climb up a hill through the snow to get to the trees.
 Brooke loved helping me decorate the tree.
 I love how the computer knows to put sparkly touches to my photos:
If it looks like our tree is leaning into the wall, it's because it is. We have a total Dr. Seuss tree! The bottom of the trunk is straight, but the trunk makes an S and it curves towards the wall (Blake said this tree was growing around another tree, so that's why). But, like I said, I totally don't care--just happy to have one at all.
Brooke's letter to Santa. I don't think she quite understands that she is supposed to ask for things like toys. She said she wants a slide (we have one already), a flower, a cloud, a raceboard (skateboard) and a windmill. Oh-kay... I wonder what she would do if "Santa" really brought her those things. She'd probably be a little disappointed--good thing "Santa" is pretty much done with Christmas shopping.
 Sunday morning I wanted to take pictures of the kids in their Christmas outfits by the tree.
Someone was being uncooperative (if you can't tell by his facial expression), so I ended up in the picture too.
 Oh, but the magic of Christmas is so fun with the kiddos. Brooke keeps saying, "Our tree is so darn cute!" Or "it's so beautiful!" Porter just stares in amazment. We've already lost on ornament to his curiosity.


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE your tree! My kids were bouncing off the walls all day today with excitement. I don't know if I'll last 2 more days!