Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow Day!

Last Tuesday we had a major snowstorm blow through. It's been many years since our town has gotten this much snow in one sitting. We spent Tuesday afternoon shoveling out our driveway, just to have it keep snowing all night. There was talk of a snow day and we woke up Wednesday to news that indeed school had been cancelled. Yahoo! 

Porter was excited about the snow until he actually went out in it. Then, he was pretty unsure. (I am not sure how or why these pictures have snow falling in them, but it's fun!)
 This is the first year that Brooke has actually loved the snow and wanted to play in it.







 This is Blake's commuter car. He parks in the driveway and this is how much snow there was on it in the morning after it snowed all night.





Although we have to make up the schoolday in April, it was nice to have an unexpected mid-week break. I was able to run some errands and do some things around the house that I was putting off. Plus the snowstorm pushed out the inversion and we've been able to see the sun this week.

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Wow! That is crazy! I always loved snow days when I was little. I miss those days sometimes. Such good memories. That is funny you don't know how the snow is falling in those pictures! I was liked "Cool! How did she do that!?" haha!

Carolyn said...

We got a lot of snow, too, but I think your area takes the win for cold temperatures. Below zero is too cold!! My kids got sick right when the snow started, so they have hardly been able to enjoy it. Plus, it's just too cold.