On February 2, Porter turned 3! Ever since Brooke's birthday a few months ago, he's been so excited for his own celebrations and we tried to make it special for him. I found a cute idea for a birthday cake on pinterest and copied it :) Porter loved his "Digger" cake.
He had his special lunch date with Blake at McDonalds and then Honey and Pinch came over for dinner, presents, and cake.
The tractor presents were a big hit!
At 3, Porter loves to tease and be teased. We joke, poke, be silly, and snuggle often. He'll say, "I need you mommy" and want to come sit in my lap and have me hold him tight. He can't wait for daddy to come home so they can wrestle. He has gotten to the age where he doesn't let Brooke boss him around so much. He knows exactly what to do to make Brooke get upset and torments her by running over, snatching a toy she was playing with, and then running away laughing. Of course Brooke screams and runs after him. They have a love/hate (typical sibling) relationship. Sometimes the fighting between those two is enough to drive me crazy! And most of the time I (try to) ignore it and let them work it out. Porter starting to get very independent and doesn't want help from anyone even when he really needs it!
Favorite Shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bob the Builder, Dora the Explorer, Barney (He says, Barmy), and Toy Story (or Buzz-Ight-ear, as he calls it)
Favorite Toys: his train set and all of his cars/tractors
Favorite Food: Macaroni and Cheese, Tacos, Chicken Nuggets--very healthy, I know
Favorite Activities: playing outside in the dirt, riding the four wheeler or tractor, playing with friends
We've told Porter that our church is Jesus' house. So of corse when we took him in the bathrooms to go potty, he sits on the toilet and says, "This is Jesus' potty?"
This summer I was addicted to getting drinks from 7-11. I pretty much got one everyday. And in our town, there is practically a 7-11 on every corner! It got to the point that every time we'd drive past one, Porter would say, "Mommy drink?" and if I'd pass one without stopping he'd say, "Mommy no drink today!"
He's going through a hitting stage which we're trying to curb, and a stage where he doesn't want to listen or tells me no. Just recently his sentences have gotten so much better--saying a complete sentence instead of just a phrase with missing words. He also struggles with stuttering which we think is mostly him trying to talk too fast. We are trying to work on slowing him down when he talks so he can think about what he's trying to say.
We love our Porter- "buckwheat"- and love the funny, cute, imaginative little boy you've become!
Porter has a serious scowl face. I think he even has Brooke beat when it comes to giving dirty looks.
normal face
scowl
normal face
scowl
Porter loves baby Grant. The older kids are constantly competing for Grant's attention, so when Brooke's at school, the brothers get some time to themselves.
and Grant rolled over! this has made tummy time so much more fun. My other kids didn't roll over until they were about five months old, so I was very surprised how early Grant rolled over (a little over 3 months)
And a week later, on February 9 it was my birthday--thus ending the 4 month birthday season until October when it will be Grant's turn. For my birthday Blake and I went to lunch without the kids and bummed around town. Blake grilled me some burgers and lobster tails for dinner (so yummy!) and the kids were excited for cake.
And celebrating my day with Blake and these three yahoos made it the best day ever!
3 comments:
I forget how close in age our kiddos are! Ah 3. The age where you wonder if they have bi-polar disorder ;) They are all so cute! I got your comment on my blog about New Year's Eve. It was totally fun having them stay up and they were surprisingly not cranky the next day. It gets easier as they get older. I didn't let Maren stay up, just Kenzi and Brooke.
What a fun month! January/February can be so drab -- at least you have birthdays to brighten up the month! Porter's cake turned out super cute, too!
From your comment, I'm curious about what happened with your Lasagna? That is one of my go-to recipes, especially if I have to take dinner to someone. But the heart pizza was super easy and I thought of you when I was dipping strawberries!
Hope all is well! I'm so glad you still blog so that we can keep in touch!
Your kids are so cute! I love Grant's little smiley tummy time face! My kids never liked being on their bellys. How nice for you! Super cute cake, too!
Post a Comment