In July we took a trip to Lagoon. We always have fun, but this year especially was memorable as we went on our first ride all together as a family of five (the flume "log" ride). In years' past, one of us was always sitting out with the baby. Also, Porter and Brooke were both feeling pretty brave and rode several of the older roller coaster rides. Brooke even managed to get me on the old 1920s white roller coaster. That is her favorite ride. I, on the other hand, despise roller coasters. I tried to be brave, but I shut my eyes and kept them firmly closed after the first hill and until the ride was over. The whole time I could hear Brooke laughing and squealing next to me while in my head I was screaming "I hate this!" After the ride, Brooke said to me, "Mom! You had your eyes closed the whole time!" She couldn't believe I had missed all the fun. Sorry Porter and Grant, but your dear mom most definitely not be riding any roller coasters with you in the future!
1 comment:
What a fun summer you had! It sounds like your little city does a lot of fun stuff for families. That is awesome!
Post a Comment