This morning Blake caught Brooke and I playing our "so big" game after breakfast. I wish he would've focused just on Brooke and not on me in my robe, but oh well.
This is my last official post as a SAHM. Tomorrow I rejoin the working world. To celebrate, I'm having lunch with some friends here:
and making plans to see this next week:
So far today I've caught up on all the laundry, cleaned all the floors, packed Brooke's things for the sitter tomorrow and am trying to keep the butterflies at bay. Thursday is going to be spent in a meeting with the other English teachers. After that, it's going to be testing students to see if they qualify to be in my lower-level English classes. So no hands on teaching just yet. I won't even start teaching my regular English classes until after Christmas, which I am really grateful for. I get to get my feet wet a little before I dive right in. Oh, and my other visiting teacher A applied for and got the new science position. I am so thrilled! Her classroom is next door to mine & she will also be teaching lower-level English as well as Science. So we're in this together!
And I need your help! At the first school I taught at there was this teacher who had a "Can You Find the Error?" board in her room. She posted real life spelling & grammar mistakes she found. One time a student wrote "You are Dum" in lipstick on another person's locker. This teacher took a picture of it and posted it on her error board. Students could then submit an entry identifying the error and correcting it. In return, that student would get a raffle ticket entry into a weekly drawing for a prize. I loved this idea and have always wanted to do it in my own classroom. I think it helps to teach students we can't rely on spell-check and always need to proof read everything. That's why I need your help. I need to collect mistakes. So if you see any spelling/grammar mistakes in newspapers, books, magazines, ward newsletters, billboards, flyers -ANYTHING please send it to me, take a picture of it or scan it and email it to me! I would so, so appreciate it!
So far today I've caught up on all the laundry, cleaned all the floors, packed Brooke's things for the sitter tomorrow and am trying to keep the butterflies at bay. Thursday is going to be spent in a meeting with the other English teachers. After that, it's going to be testing students to see if they qualify to be in my lower-level English classes. So no hands on teaching just yet. I won't even start teaching my regular English classes until after Christmas, which I am really grateful for. I get to get my feet wet a little before I dive right in. Oh, and my other visiting teacher A applied for and got the new science position. I am so thrilled! Her classroom is next door to mine & she will also be teaching lower-level English as well as Science. So we're in this together!
And I need your help! At the first school I taught at there was this teacher who had a "Can You Find the Error?" board in her room. She posted real life spelling & grammar mistakes she found. One time a student wrote "You are Dum" in lipstick on another person's locker. This teacher took a picture of it and posted it on her error board. Students could then submit an entry identifying the error and correcting it. In return, that student would get a raffle ticket entry into a weekly drawing for a prize. I loved this idea and have always wanted to do it in my own classroom. I think it helps to teach students we can't rely on spell-check and always need to proof read everything. That's why I need your help. I need to collect mistakes. So if you see any spelling/grammar mistakes in newspapers, books, magazines, ward newsletters, billboards, flyers -ANYTHING please send it to me, take a picture of it or scan it and email it to me! I would so, so appreciate it!
13 comments:
i love that 'find the error' idea-- and it will NOT be hard to collect material for you--unfortunately. what a perfect situation that you get to have some time to prepare and ready your room! can't wait to hear stories court.
How did you get a teaching job mid year? Are you going to work full time. Jackie wanted to come to those play groups but has no car, so no way to go anywhere but she would still like to meet you. When do you go back, today? Good luck.
I'll keep my eye out for errors on the streets! ;) I have butterflies for you! That is exciting! It will be really great! Good Luck tomorrow!
Good luck Courtney! I hope your first day back is a good one. Give Blake and Brooke a squeeze for me!
Are you kidding? Just record anything I say, or write and it has errors in it! You can just tape me to your board if you want! Good Luck with those kiddos. Just break out the wooden spoon anytime you need it. It is still legal in the Uintah education system I am sure! The need more teachers like you!!!
I always notice those errors so I'll be sending some your way. Good luck! Stephenie Meyer is on Oprah Friday!
Did you get your robe at DI? Remember how nasy those were? Good luck on the job!
Just thinking about you, wondering how your first day went...
Love the video...Blake obviously thought you were as entertaining as Brooke - heehee!
I hope all went well today! That is so exciting. And what a good idea with the "Can You Find the Error??" board! I will keep an eye out for spelling errors... I find them a lot:)!! Especially in church programs. Haha! Now, hopefully I don't have any in this comment.
Congratulations on the job! That's so exciting! :)
I have a picture to send to you for your "error" board, my sister in law is a teacher down south and does the same thing so she' always on the lookout for these things as well. We need to get together and hang out again soon! Hope you had a great first day back!
Hope the first day went well. I love the new release of Brooke. The bathrobe is hot.
Sadly, I could refer you to multiple blogs with very blatant spelling/grammatical errors. Mine is bad sometimes too because I type one-handed with Kate kicking the keyboard (like right this second). Feel free to use it for your board :) Good luck with teaching! That would scare the crap out of me!
I can hardly wait to send you spelling and grammatical errors from Indo. It is amazing how letters take on new positions. I can say this because since studying this language, I can't spell anymore either. Great idea.
Post a Comment