Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Birthday Girl

I know I hardly ever mention Brooke in my posts, so an over the top 1st birthday post with zillions of pictures was totally unexpected, right? I have never experienced a year that has gone by so fast before. Seriously, it feels like I looked like this just yesterday:
My brother so kindly said to me around this same time last year, "You need to get that thing out of you! You look like there's an alien in there!" Why, thank you. What a nice compliment to a woman who is days away from giving birth and feels like her stomach is ready to explode.

And that Brooke was my small, beautiful new baby:
Now she is my big, beautiful little girl:
She is so curious about everything!
And still so happy!


Having never done this before, I think I expected Brooke as one year old to be more like a toddler: talking, walking and leaving bite marks in everything. She can say "dada" and babbles constantly, but that is the extent of her vocabulary. She seems pretty content with crawling and still doesn't have any teeth! She is still my baby and I will probably always think of her as that. Happy Birthday Brooke!

9 comments:

Fun with the Fenton's said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! What a cutie!

JC and Jena said...

Awww! She's a whole YEAR old?!?! Dang that did go fast! She's so cute though!

Adrienne said...

happy birthday!

Nicole said...

Love this girl!! Can't wait to get my hands on her again. I am so happy you have kept this blog for what i like to think, ME!! I feel like I have at least hit the highlights. And while I am not going to Vernal once a month like I would have had we stayed in Perry, I am on this blog every day eating up pictures and video of my little niece. It has been a joy to watch you be a mom this year too. Even on the days when you made Brooke cry for her own good (ie. learning to roll over). You are a wonderful mom for Brooke and are doing a great job. And it is OK that her food will always come from a box.

PS I expect an equally long or longer post of the festivities!
Love,
Nicole

Syme Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! She is so cute. Does she like her playhouse? I just made a boy one for my cousin it turned out so cute too.

Sarah H. said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! Time really goes by quickly!

Our ABC Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! She is such a cutie! :)

Kolbi Young said...

Ryker is just six months behind Brooke and I have the same mixed emotions you have. I'm thrilled with his growth and progression, however, I feel such sadness that he is not my tiny little babe. My heart is breaking that he is getting older and bigger, but rejoicing that he is so smart and fun. As my nanny told me today, enjoy every second - they grow too quickly. And it is OK that I still rock him to sleep because in six months or so, he won't want me to.

Brooke is beautiful and it is fun to see a highlight of her first year. You are a wonderful mommy and I'm sure "mama" is on the cusp of her new vocabulary :) Happy Birthday, Brooke!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

A year already?! Wow, that is nuts! Happy birthday, Brooke!!