Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas, Family & Fun

Ever since we've been married, Blake and I have spent Christmas morning alone opening presents. I've always had this thing about opening presents Blake bought for me in front of my family & vice versa. What if he bought me some lingerie or something?! (Not that he ever has or would for Christmas...). Anyway this has allowed us to set in place our own Christmas traditions and make Christmas morning really special for us.
Getting ready to open my first present (a willow tree figurine of a mom holding a baby)
Brooke happily accepting any wrapping paper scraps we would give herBrooke opening her Baby Stella dollTrying out her new "Brooke" sippy cup (I am a nerd and thought that was coolest present she got!)But to Brooke, nothing beat the piles of wrapping paperMy family does a big Christmas Eve get together every year, and since we live 3 hours away we decided not to torture Brooke with a 6 hour car ride in one day. I was sad to miss all the fun, but my family joined us at our house Christmas Day.
Steve, my mom, me and Jared
My brother Jared showing off his Snuggie
Christmas came early for Blake. On the 23rd he and his buddy both shot an elk.
My brother, Stephen and his girlfriend Bridgette came in from Tennesee. I hadn't seen Steve since last Thanksgiving, and he had never even met Brooke. I was so happy to get to spend some time with him.

Brooke was very interested in all his piercings
Steve wearing his "Christmas Sweater" t-shirt
Merry Christmas everyone!

11 comments:

Nicole said...

thanks for the pictures. I missed you guys this year even more than last year. I love the sippy cup too!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Those pictures are awesome, Courtney! And when did Stephen get all grown up? What a handsome kid. I'm glad you all got to spend time together! Merry Christmas to you, and hugs. :)

The Crace's said...

I got a Snuggie from my MIL. We had a good laugh. Glad you had a good Christmas!

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

Merry Christmas. Congrats Blake on the elk! I'm sure that made your Christmas complete! How fun to have Courtney's family come out. It looks like you all had a great time together! Love the sweater-tshirt!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Looks like you had a fun Christmas and Brooke too! Sorry we didn't make it down. We huddled at the Durants all weekend. I can't believe how stinkin' cold it is out there!! Come to SL and thaw out!!! Good job once again Blake!

Misty said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! Charlie was also into the paper this year! Hours of entertainment...and only $2 for a whole roll!!

Hoenes Family said...

I think that is great you have always opened presents alone, as a family. This year was my first time ever! I enjoyed it so much. I love your brother's Christmas sweater shirt!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Brooke (I know I'm late)! It looks like a fun party and the pics of her are so cute! Glad you had a good Christmas, too. This was our first year totally alone and it was fun.

emily ballard said...

That might be the coolest Christmas sweater I have ever seen!

The Sugar Loaf said...

Wonderful Christmas 2009. So glad your family came out. And how fun to have Stephen with you. He looks great. May the New Year be such a good one for you and Blake. The joy of Brooke helps any bad day. Love her for all she is worth. She will be a teen before you know it.

Our ABC Family said...

I'm so glad you were able to have family come to visit! :) Looks like you guys had a great holiday! :)