Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Baby

This weekend we went to a family Christmas party in Payson. It's a yearly tradition on Blake's side of the family & we always have lots of fun and good food. Before we left, Brooke was feeling the Christmas spirit:

Brooke has graduated into a forward facing carseat. On the way down she entertained herself by taking off both her shoes and socks and then doing this:
Santa always makes an appearance at the party, so Brooke got her turn:
We didn't have our flash on, so the picture is orange (in case you couldn't tell), but Brooke is just checking him out.
Then, she checks out the jingling sound
Brooke sees that Santa is an okay guy
I love Brooke's expression in this picture.. It's like she is trying to understand what she's supposed to do
Santa makes sure everyone sits on his lap. At one point, all 3 of us were sitting there.
Us with Blake's grandparents. I think it is so cool that Brooke has great grandparents. I never even knew my mom's parents let alone great grandparents.

On the way home, we hit a super bad snow storm. Driving though Parley's Canyon I was about to have a heart attack. Blake could see me getting stressed and said, "Does someone need to listen to some Christmas music?" It's funny how playing Christmas music suddenly made the situation "festive" instead of a near death experience. Blake knows just what I need!

9 comments:

Sarah H. said...

That is super cute! Brooke doesn't look scared at all of Santa! I love the idea about playing Christmas music in the snowy weather, I'm going to try that ;)

Hoenes Family said...

What a fun tradition! I am glad that Brooke liked Santa this year! I am curious what she will think next year!

Our ABC Family said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys were able to be there and take part in it! I love your pictures of Brooke with Santa! So cute!!!
I hear you on the scaring driving through snow! Our first trip out here to Vernal, I remember hanging on for dear life and thinking are we ever going to make it! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I always enjoy reading your blog!

Syme Family said...

I was to sick to go to my family Christmas party and we are kinda ditching out on Matt this year because it is always on Christmas Eve and I want to spend the day as our own family and not driving home in a Blizzard like we did last year.
It looks like you had a fun time. Brooke is so cute.
Thanks for the Christmas Card. I loved the stamp.

Anonymous said...

I could not believe Blake was sitting on Santas lap! He would run away as a kid if anyone was dressed up...Santa, clowns, Ronald Mcdonald. I'm glad he has Brooke to get him over it! Love you guys!!

Nicole said...

I love Christmas music. I bought Hilary Weeks new christmas CD and it is great. Except for the rendition of O come all ye Faithful. It has too many weirded out timings to make it "original," for me. I am shocked Brooke didn't scream at Santa. Carter was just as easy going as Brooke is, but even he freaked out with Santa, But I guess Olivia didn't cry either. Must be once they hit 1 they can handle it. Love that Blake got you settled down too.

Ryanne said...

I love how Blake knew exactly what you needed. And that Brooke had such a good experience with Santa. Both mine were good the first year it was ages 2 and 3 that got tricky sitting on Santa's lap. My FB is down again but I saw a snippet of your letter. Thanks abt the picture and when we get back you will be getting a package of suits:) Thanks for letting me borrow them, I haven't seen any in the stores up here.

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

It is so good when kids like Santa. She looks like she know just what to do. By the way, if I remember right the Santa that comes to the Riley Christmas party always seems to get a little frisky...ho, ho, HO!

The Sugar Loaf said...

Thanks for going to Grandma and Grandpa Riley's Christmas party. This picture is priceless of the five of you. We printed it off and have it on the photo wall. Love you.