Thursday, May 6, 2010

Eating My Words

I had a post written in my head that I was going to title "Gerber, You Idiots!" and now it looks like I'm going to have to eat my words. You see, last Saturday while shopping at Smiths I was so mad to find out that Gerber raised their prices on their pasta pickups from .99 to $1.59! What!! The only difference was that instead of an easy microwavable tub that you could dump the pastas onto the high chair tray, it now came in a "convenient toddler tray" shaped like a TV dinner. The idea being you would microwave them and then set the entire tray on the highchair. I decided to boycott and vowed to never spend $1.59 for toddler food. What baby/toddler is going to keep the food in the tray & not just dump it out anyway? What a ridiculous idea! Well, apparently, mine would:
Add ImageBrooke has decided that she can feed herself. She's been grabbing at the utensils for a while now. Usually I have to give her her own spoon/fork to make her happy while I feed her with another one. Tonight, though, she refused to eat her mashed potatoes unless she was doing it. And surprise, surprise did not once dump her food out of the tupperware.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't swelling with pride at her latest accomplishment. Apparently, the amazing baby syndrome hasn't left yet! After a while, the novelty for Brooke wore off a little. She started flinging fork fulls of mashed potatoes onto the floor!

And PS-I still think the people are Gerber are idiots & I'm still not buying their overpriced pasta.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it when Brooke said, "mmMMmm." That is really good! And Brooke is amazing!

Sarah H. said...

Brooke's got some pretty sweet fine motor skills! And she is super cute while eating with her little fork!

Courtney said...

Wow! She is so good at that! I would be swelling with pride too. I live for that feeling. I never feel happier than I do when I am proud of my kids. :)

Davon flings food almost every meal. It drives me crazy. My floor is always a mess. He gets it far too.

Nicole said...

Carter said, 'good now she won't spread her food around." I guess he thought that was pretty gross. Also it sounds like you say that she is EATING herself instead of Feeding herself. We have watched this a few times to glean all of this information.

The Sugar Loaf said...

Brooke's little chin is so cute covered with 'taters'. It is so fun to see pictures and videos. Honestly, they mean so much to us so far away. Just keep them coming. Your time on the blog is our salvation. How is school? Soon to be over for awhile. How is Blake's arm? Hope he is out of the sling. But sure pray everyday he will be careful. Are you Guys getting bad weaher right now?