Friday, November 5, 2010

Mission Accomplished

We are definitely starting to feel a little more settled in our new house. After sorting, organizing, and taking lots of loads to DI (why do we always have so much stuff?!) We've at least managed to contain our mess to the basement bedroom which is going to serve as our office. The next item on our agenda is to 1) hit the black friday sales to hopefully find a deal on a sectional for our basement and 2) relax enough to actually enjoy ourselves! I've tried to take some pictures of the house so you can get an idea of what it looked like before and after, but I realized I'm not a very good photographer...especially of houses. Oh well. You'll just have to come visit us so you can see it in person :)
Before, the walls were this aqua blue/green and the carpet was that 80's gold. Blake made our bed and it used to be more than a foot taller than it is now. I made him chop the legs off so it was at normal height. The door to our bathroom is to the right of the window.
I tried to do a 360 view of Brooke's room. I love that her room is big enough for her to play in.
You can't really tell from the picture, but in the before living room pic the walls were this green color. And again with the yucky carpet.

We did the least amount of work in the kitchen (well, aside from redoing the floors). We only changed the handles on the cupboards. You can see how they were white and brass before. We switched them for brushed nickle and it makes a huge difference. I love my pantry. It has such deep shelves and those drawers so things don't get lost when you put them in the back.
Outside is Blake's birthday gift: a shiny new grill.
Probably the biggest change is the basement. As you can see, it used to have blue carpet and yellow walls. It was hideous. New carpet and paint have totally transformed it. It's long and narrrow so it makes it easy to separate into two seperate spaces. One side for the TV and one side for Brooke's play area.

We have two additional bedrooms (one is empty and one is a wreck), a laundry room and 2 and 1/2 bathrooms but who hasn't seen one of those? We love vistors, so make plans to come see us soon!

11 comments:

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

WOW! Loving the new house. You guys have done so much work. It is good to hear that you are finally able to start enjoying it. Blake, we will be over for burgers sometime! Happy Birthday Brother!

Hoenes Family said...

You guys did a fantastic job! I am totally jealous of your deck. I especially love Brooke's room. So adorable.

Sarah H. said...

It looks great! Brooke's room is so cute, you did a great job!

Unknown said...

It really does look so great! Your hard work really paid off!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

How exciting to get a new house! I love what you have done and I especially love Brooke's room!

Ryanne said...

It looks so cozy, I love it!

Sarah said...

Wow! That looks amazing! Great job! I love your bed, too. That is funny it used to be so high. At least you don't have to worry about spiders, right? :)

Syme Family said...

I love your house you guys have done a lot of work. Sorry it has been a while since I posted. but we are doing fine now. April was sick all last week which meant no sleep for me. She is doing a lot better now.

m@R(! said...

awesome! i bet your are LOVING IT!! i love the cute tree in your daughters room.

Nicole said...

I told you on the phone but its not official until I write a comment...I love it ! Your house looks like just hte place for you guys to sit and enjoy! Although, I don't think Blake knows how to sit...

The Sugar Loaf said...

Courtney, post some pictures of your home now you have decorated for Christmas. It looks so festive and fun.