The holiday weekend was lots of fun; espeically when cousins come to play!

Frosting sugar cookies
Playing "toh doh" with cousin A. Look at that grin!
I loved talking books with Steph! She has great taste and I always get lots of good ideas from her!
Sharing a quiet moment with Pinch:
Last night Brooke was helping me unload the dishwasher and we had this conversation:
B: I want to watch a moodee (movie)
Me: no. after we finish cleaning up you're going to have a bath
B: a tubby?
Me: yes a tubby
B: bubbles? (she got tinkerbell bath bubbles from her cousin for Christmas)
Me: yep, we can put bubbles in the bath
Then before I even knew it there was a pile of clothes on the kitchen floor and naked bum running up the stairs. What a silly girl!
Brooke has also learned to be quite the schemer. After a fun-filled day with grams and pinch, I came to take Brooke home and she did not want to go. Instead she ran over and laid down on the floor and pretended to be asleep almost like "see? I'm asleep and you can't take me" I couldn't help but laugh. She is so smart. I don't know where she learned that.
On the potty front, we are making progress! Brooke now wears pull ups all day. She is good about going potty and even takes the inititive to sometimes tell us she needs to go. Usually after she announces she needs to go potty she will immediately pull her pants and pull up down and then hobble to the toilet. It's pretty cute. What is NOT cute is twice now I've gone in after
Brooke's nap to find poop on the floor. Brooke has realized she doesn't like it when she poops her diaper and will throw it out onto the floor, leaving poopy handprints all over her crib and bedding. That has been just lovely to clean up. But I am still optimistic that wearing big girl underwear is just around the corner for us!
B: I want to watch a moodee (movie)
Me: no. after we finish cleaning up you're going to have a bath
B: a tubby?
Me: yes a tubby
B: bubbles? (she got tinkerbell bath bubbles from her cousin for Christmas)
Me: yep, we can put bubbles in the bath
Then before I even knew it there was a pile of clothes on the kitchen floor and naked bum running up the stairs. What a silly girl!
Brooke has also learned to be quite the schemer. After a fun-filled day with grams and pinch, I came to take Brooke home and she did not want to go. Instead she ran over and laid down on the floor and pretended to be asleep almost like "see? I'm asleep and you can't take me" I couldn't help but laugh. She is so smart. I don't know where she learned that.
On the potty front, we are making progress! Brooke now wears pull ups all day. She is good about going potty and even takes the inititive to sometimes tell us she needs to go. Usually after she announces she needs to go potty she will immediately pull her pants and pull up down and then hobble to the toilet. It's pretty cute. What is NOT cute is twice now I've gone in after
Brooke's nap to find poop on the floor. Brooke has realized she doesn't like it when she poops her diaper and will throw it out onto the floor, leaving poopy handprints all over her crib and bedding. That has been just lovely to clean up. But I am still optimistic that wearing big girl underwear is just around the corner for us!
7 comments:
I'm SOOO glad Owen never touched his poop. You'll love it when she starts making deals with you :)
Poop story: A few years ago, I could hear Amelia in her room using her pretend vaccum. I peeked in to see her and noticed that there was something brown that she was vaccuming into the floor...yip...poop. She pooped on the floor and knew that I was going to be mad, so she was vaccuming it! It was SO SMASHED into the carpet. Purchase a can of Spot Shot...it works wonders. By the way did I spell "vaccum" right? It looks wrong!
By the way, I like hanging out talking about books with you too!
I think Brooke looks like you in the happy play doh picture.
Poop...so not fun. Just a suggestion if the poop playing continues - cut the feet off a pair of footed pajamas, put them on backwards, and secure the zipper with a safety pin. It stopped my friend's little girl. Good luck!
Our potty training success came from the book, "Toilet training in less then a day". I used it for both S. and C. and S. really was potty trained in one day. Good luck! I like the comment on the backwards jammies.
Oh the Brooke stories.....I love to hear them! Ryker loves Playdough, which is fun to discover something that will keep him entertained for more than 2 minutes.
Good luck with potty training! At least she is recognizing that it is uncomfortable to have a wet/stinky bum. That is a step in the right direction!
Good luck training. We still are not having many pooping in the potty successes and Jack is 3...but every kid is different, right?!?
Ha Ha! That is funny, not the poop, but the sleeping, that is. And what a cute little voice she has . And are you going to share what Steph recommends for books? I heard of a new one called Wings, that is another YA fantasy series by an LDS author. Seems the Mormons are cornering the market for those...
Post a Comment