Monday, January 24, 2011

ROAR!

We have been spoiled lately. Two weekends in a row cousins have come out to visit and play. This weekend was Danielle's family and on Saturday we took all the kids to the Dinosaur Museum. Brooke knows exactly what a dinosaur says "ROAR!"
Brooke and cousin K. (who is only 4 1/2 mo. younger than B. had a good time running all over the place)
Brooke liked being able to touch things
And she loved this exhibit that had a stream running through it. She kept wanting to go back and look at the waterDigging for dinosaur bonesBrooke was so funny about this tunnel. She kept thinking she was too tall to stand up in it, so would get down and crawl through it.Following cousin E. around
Not even 5 minutes after we got to the museum Brooke ran up these concrete steps and slipped and fell. She bonked her head right into one of the steps, leaving a nasty goose egg and bruise. I tried to get a picture of it on Sunday morning, but it doesn't really show it very well.Then, I told Brooke that it was time to get her coat on for church and she pulled the ol' "I'm sleeping" routine!I love H. who watches Brooke for me. She does so many fun crafts with the kids. One day all the kids made these signs. Brooke got to help roll out the shapes for her name, put it in the oven to bake, and then did all the painting and glitter too!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Brooke's pink dress with the polka dots. She looks so cute in it! The stories about her pretending to be asleep are so funny--she really is quite the schemer isn't she? I love her fiesty personality. It's so cute because she looks so innocent!

Unknown said...

P.S. I forgot I was going to tell you about a trick Ty's mom has for bruises that she learned from her grandmother. Rub a little butter into the bruise as soon after it happens as you can. We have done this so many times with Talton and it helps so much. The bruise never gets very bright or discolored. I don't know it works, if it's the fat or the salt in the butter or what, but it's worth a try!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing with us!

Sarah H. said...

How cute! She is so funny!

Nicole said...

Cute name! I should do that with Olivia. Oh and you looking super skinny lately. And I think this summer we are going to have to go the dino museum together. It looks like I am trying for 3-4 weeks in the lower 48 around june/july. I'll keep you posted.

Adrienne said...

such fun.

Sarah said...

What a fun time. Cousins are the best. Brooke is such a cutie. I love her dress.

Misty said...

Isn't it funny how pictures never do a good bruise justice!

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

I love how B pretends to go to sleep! I really am going to try it and see what happens...can I do it and be 38? I'll let you know what happens.