New Year's Eve was really fun this year. We went to Blake's bro's house to celebrate (something that has become a fun family tradition) and Brooke was in heaven with all of her cousins. I mentioned before that Blake had to work, so it was just B. and I. I wasn't sure how NYE would go, but Brooke stayed up until 11 p.m.! I couldn't believe it since she is such a scheduled kid. I thought for sure by 8 she'd be having a meltdown, but I think all the cousin-fun kept her occupied.
Some of the highlights:
*Cousin gift exchange and white elephant exchange for the adults
*telling lots of stories (with embellishments, of course)
*eating lots of yummy food (Blake was sad he missed Steph's famous artichoke dip)
*Brooke getting to play dress up with the bigger cousins:
*Playing with cousin Karson
*But the best part was the Talent Show:
Usually at family get-togethers all the nieces and nephews put on some kind of "performance". Usually it quickly planned and no one really knows what is going on. It's still cute, but was nothing compared to this year. Some of the older cousins put together a well planned performance complete with candy-canes given to all the guests and a printed program (this was all with no adult help) I loved that the program said the girls in white were "beautiful, angel dancers" Some cousins played piano & viola, while others sang Christmas Carols. And of course, the angel dancers danced.
There was an unexpected 3rd angel dancer. Brooke started copying all the ballet moves and dances right along with the older girls. I still need to get the video of the performance from my sis-in-law.
The next day was swimming and sledding. I'm sure my family will love that I posted this pic of all of us in our swimsuits, but it's the only picture of all of us together but no worries, we all look good! ;)
We finished off the trip with a slumber party at the hotel:
Cousins J.,A., K., and B with grams

Happy 2011
4 comments:
this makes me miss being around family.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Amen to what Adrienne said! How fun! I can't wait to get Brooke and my kids together again. It will be so fun with Brooke being able to talk. And I love the programs! Good job girls!
I'm glad you had such a good time and Brooke did so well on NYE. It was so fun seeing you!
Post a Comment