Brooke got a new (well, new to her) toy from her cousin E. It's a Disney Princess music player. It's a new twist on the old toy music players with those plastic records (remember those?) Now, instead of a record player, it looks like a mini portable CD player, but still has those plastic records you put in to make it play. Brooke loves it and she loves to boogie all around the house. I've realized that my house doesn't give off very good light in the evening. I had all 3 lights turned on in the kitchen and it is still dark in the video!(to us, the lighting is fine). I wonder if it's because we use those new lightbulbs that use less energy.
Here are some other cute tidbits about Brooke right now:
* she is getting so good at saying please "peese" and thank you "kank you"
*she loves the book "The Wonderful Sounds Mr. Brown Can Do" in fact, we read it so much that she knows all of the sounds for each page. It's cute to watch her open the book all by herself and just doing the sound effects.
*She's been doing tons better on not screaming when she is frustrated. For months we've been telling her "Don't scream, use your words and say 'help me!' " So now she will run up to us and say "help! I need help! Peese!"
And this has nothing to do with Brooke, but just an awesome youtube video that was sent to me. I hope it plays (let me know if it doesn't). In October Herriman HS nominated a girl with cerebal palsy as homecoming queen, and she got asked to go to the dance. It's a really touching video and shows what a difference you make by just extending a helping hand and being a good friend to someone who is different than you are.
7 comments:
Brooke has some serious moves :) We need to work on the screaming at our house....ugh! Glad to hear that she is using her words!
Thank you for sharing the H.S. video- got me all choked up. Beautiful story. If only all high school experiences were like that where those that are different are celebrated rather than ignored or brushed aside. I can only imagine the joy her parent's felt seeing her embraced by the student body :)
Do you remember when our school did that? I think it was our sophomore year or something. Jill was her name.
Anyway, cute cute video of Brooke!
Man, that Savannah video is a real tear jerker! I think I am going to show it to my YW. It is so nice to see kids their age being so kind.
Brooke is such a cutie and talks to well! Very impressive!
What a sweet story about Savannah and her peers being so supportive and accepting of her.
I knew there'd be something in that bag she would like! Glad you liked the video. Thanks for posting it!
OK sis I am sobbing. Just sobbing!!! Its a good thing I am alone or someone will think I found out about a death on Facebook... That video is amazing! I hope my boys will be so nice to a girl like that. The king with her in the car was so cute pointing people out to her and grabbing her hand. And that date was such a cutey patooty too!
And Brooke can sure shake that thang too! Look at her dancing! You need the internet and log onto Pandora Disney for some serious dance party action. My friend Amy blogged about how she swears it helps her one year old sleep better at night.
This reminds me of the blessings of good friends who don't care what we look or act like. If only everyone could have one of these experiences in their lifetimes.
Post a Comment