Do I really care about the superbowl? Um, no. But what I
DO care about is the party food: we did BBQ ribs, shrimp, and meatballs with Blake's parents. Not too much was going on in the fruit and veggie department, unless you count the strawberry shortcake for dessert! I also cared that every year Blake and I bet on the winning team. This year
my team won and I get to pick out new patio furniture. If the Steelers would have won, Blake could have gotten a "barka-lounger" and no I didn't make a typo--not a parkalounger, a barkalounger. You know, a seat to sit on while you are coyote hunting. This past Sunday was also extra special because Blake was actually home the whole day. Not working, not sleeping, but able to come to church and help me...it was so nice! In the morning we played hide and seek. Brooke was so cute and kept giggling as Blake got closer and closer. Here we are hiding in Brooke's playhouse.

Then when it was time to get ready for church I asked Blake to help me out by getting Brooke dressed. I told him her church clothes were sitting on her dresser. All of a sudden I hear Blake yelling "How is this supposed to work?!" I go in, confused as to how putting on clothes was proving to be difficult and find Brooke wearing all three of these outfits:

Apparently, Blake didn't hear that he clothes were on the dresser. Instead, he selected clothes from the pile of laundry I had been folding ealier. Brooke was wearing the pink dress with the striped sweater over it. Blake was holding the leopard print dress trying to figure out how to get it over Brooke's head (I guess he thought I was doing some sort of layered outfit).
I was on the floor laughing so hard! Seriously, tears were streaming down my face--Brooke looked so ridiculous! Blake still insists that I told him her church clothes were in the pile on the floor.
Backing up a little bit, on Saturday while I was doing my own cooking and cleaning, I set up a station for Brooke to do some of her own. I gave her three different sized bowls and cups, some kitchen utensils and a bit of water and let her go to town. It was a big hit--Brooke loved it!


I realize these videos probably aren't interesting to anyone but family, but I couldn't resist posting them. I love Brooke's little voice and seeing her imagination at work.
Then she found one of Blake's calls and decided that was more fun
7 comments:
That story of Blake putting all those clothes on poor Brooke is hilarious! Dads and clothes...
In these pictures Brooke is looking more like a little girl rather than a toddler. She's a cutie!
I love how you won the superbowl wager! Patio furniture is definitely the way to go! I'm going to have to use your idea of the cooking station for Jocelyn. Except she is a terror on chairs.
OK now your facebook post makes more sense:) I love Blake's choice in clothes! JaDee couldn't figure out Olivia's tights one time and had then pulled over her turtleneck onsie. The tights get him every time. I DO love her little voice, so as the FAMILY who is watching this Thanks for posting! I love her giggle at the duck call!
Jared does the same thing when he gets J dressed. I have to lay them out in the order you put them on. Congratulations on your new patio furniture!
That outfit thing must be a man thing -Taylor has made me laugh hard, but I dare say Blake's outfit is the cherry on top. So hilarious. Hooray for new patio furniture! That is awesome!
Good luck on the patio furniture hunt! We found a great deal last spring at Fred Meyer (Smith's Marketplace)....
On another note, I just don't understand how nearly everytime Tyler dresses Ryker, Ryker comes out looking like a little rugrat. I buy outfits - like matching pants and shirt - that I fold and stack so they are easy to grab. For some reason, Tyler chooses to get random pants and then a shirt from another outfit. Never do they match. I'm thinking he does this now to make me nuts!!! I often have to change him before we leave the house :)
These photos and videos of Brooke are priceless. Brings back so many great memories of her growing up. Wish we would have had these possibilities-however, I hate to admit it-I probably would not have figured it out. Love you Courtney for doing the blogs!
Post a Comment