So I definitely jinxed myself with saying so far the 2's with B. haven't been so terrible. HA HA! This week she got her stool she uses to wash her hands with and took it into her room and got into the hand sanitizer I use after I change her. She poured it all on her head and it got in her eye. That's how I knew about it...she started screaming "OWEE!", I went to deliver cookies to my neighbor and Brooke locked the front door behind me. Luckily the back door was unlocked but I only realized that after I stood outside for 5 minutes trying to coax B. to unlock the door with her giggling behind it. She got a pen from the junk drawer and drew all over her step-stool and one of her toys. I still need to see if a magic eraser will get it off. Then last night B. dumped an entire bottle of baby wash into her bath to make bubbles. (I know it sounds like Brooke isn't supervised, but I swear, she is the sneakiest little thing ever!)
But then this morning I went to get her out of her bed and she looks at me, gives me a huge grin and says in a soft, sleepy voice, "Good morning, mommy" So of course I give her a big hug and tell her she's my sweet girl again. Doesn't take much to get back on my good side.
I also wanted to report on how my experiment with showing more gratitude towards Blake was going. I based it off of this article. I have to admit that I haven't been very good about remembering to say "thank you" to Blake the past week or so, but I have noticed a difference in our marriage this past month. I feel a lot closer to Blake. I feel like we are more patient with each other when disagreements arrive, and are easier to forgive. It would be easy to say that this was all just coincidence, but I don't believe that. I really feel like by making a concious effort to have a more grateful attitude that we've put the focus back on us and our marriage and serving each other instead of each of us just cohabitating under the same roof. This is definitely something I plan to keep doing. It's such an easy thing to do and has made a huge difference for us.
And finally, an antedote from my school (this is a true story): Students were asked to fill out a questionaire about bullying.
Answer this question: How do you think we could decrease bullying at our school?
Student's response: We just shouldn't have school. If we don't come to school we won't have to see the people we hate, duh!
Oh thank you, what a thoughful response. Why didn't I think of that?!
7 comments:
I think it's a very smart answer. If we all just stayed home no one could do mean things to us. Someone once told me it is the "Terrible Two's," "Terrifying Three's" and the "Freaky Four's." So far they have been right.
I'm in the same boat! I feel your pain. I either want to hug the toddler at our house or kick him!
LOL...Brooke sounds like she is so funny! She is very sneaky! I need to try to show more gratitude to my hubby...I get so mean in the winter! I need to step it up!
I think age 3 is the worst, but 4 has been fabulous. I swear the day Kenzi turned four she completely changed! Brooke has been keeping you busy for sure! My little Brooke has locked us out of the house a number of times which is why I keep a key hidden outside!
Oh Brooke! So good that you write these stories down. They are frustrating in the moment, but so cute and funny to look back on and remember. I bet she will love reading them someday, too. Hope her pinkeye is getting better and we can meet up soon. I loved the response about bullying from your student. In light of that horrible article in the Vernal Express about the kid on the wrestling team, I am interested to hear what the rest of your students had to say about bullying. Hope you're having a good week!
That comment cracks me up! Its always good being reminded to be grateful to my family; I know it makes such a difference.
Oh that little stinker! I love that she got in the hand sanitizer. Ethan dumped lotion all over the carpet in his room... And I would have to say that comment about bullying is a fairly valid point! But in reverse....kick out the kids everyone hates and just send them to prison early... you know they are going to end up there eventually ;)
Post a Comment