Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Because I have nothing better to blog about...

So I'm sitting here staring at a stack of essays I'm hoping will decided to just grade themselves. I'm also thinking about the fieldtrip I have to help chaperone tomorrow and how I can get my students excited about the poetry unit I'm planning. But instead of focusing on any of these things, I decided to do an internet search to see the faces of who was cast to play Katniss, Peeta, and Gale in the Hunger Games movie. I read the names, but didn't recognize any of them. I have to say I am pleasently surprised. So far, so good. What do you think?

7 comments:

Sarah H. said...

I like the girl and Gale...I am not so sure about the guy they chose for Peeta. Either way I am very excited and hope they do a good job making it. I was a little disappointed with the first Twilight.

Sarah said...

I haven't seen the girl in anything, but I have seen each of the guys in a movie, so I will share what I think about them. I saw Liam Hemsworth (Gale) in The Last Song, which is a fairly recent movie. I thought he was a decent actor, but not outstanding. I saw Bridge to Terabithia four years ago with Josh Hutcherson (Peeta) and thought he did a great job. He has a pretty solid career history, too. But I often feel the quality of acting in a movie is a reflection of the director, so we will see how The Hunger Games turns out. Anyway, I am excited to see it. I loved the book.

Chavonne said...

Not disappointed at all. I always pictured Peeta to be a little pudgier. I'm stoked for this movie to come out too!

Anonymous said...

Don't know any of these actors, but sometimes that's what makes it sooo good. Look at Harry Potter! Cannot wait!

Cali said...

That is hilarious Brooke told you to go take a nap! Lol. I haven't gotten the courage to do zumba yet, because I know how much I will suck! I hear it's fun though! How did you like the hunger games series? I read the first one only so far.

Ryanne said...

Definitely a worthwhile post :) And I am going to answer you back, I've been sick since we got back from vacation. I like how they all look. I pictured Peeta differently. The girl was nominated for an academy award as best supporting actress in a pretty gritty role so I bet she'll be great.

Hoenes Family said...

I think it appears to be a good fit. Especially Gale. He is a lot like what I pictured. I think it is so funny that Brooke calls you Coatnee!