Monday, May 9, 2011

Pretty Princess

Brooke is really into dressing up right now. She wants to wear a dress all the time. When she gets one on she'll say "Oh, that's cute!" She is also really good about getting her hair done (although you can't tell most of the time because her hair is a disaster) but every morning she stands patiently on her stool in the bathroom while I brush her hair and (when I'm feeling adventurous) decide to actually try and style it.

Brooke found this dress in a box that we got from her cousins and she is in love with it. No other dress can compare to it and since I only let her wear it around the house, when we come home she immediately takes off her other clothes and wants to put this dress on. When bedtime came she was in tears, sobbing because she didn't want to take this dress off. I've actually hidden it, so we can have a break from this dress for a few days.And isn't this the cutest face ever! I have been wanting to write this story down for a while, but keep forgetting: Over Easter weekend Brooke and Blake were outside and Blake heard a rustling sound in the bushes. Blake says "What's that?....Oh it's just the stupid cat!" Brooke now thinks the cat's name is "Stupid Cat" She says "Where's the stupid cat?" or "Come here stupid cat!" We have been trying to break her of this habit and now call it the "brown cat".


This morning I went to get Brooke out of her crib and she had taken all of her blankets and laid them over the sides, covering up the slots in the crib. She'd created her own little fortress and was laying down hiding from me--giggling.

6 comments:

Syme Family said...

She is such a cute princess! That is a pretty funny story about the cat. Don't you love what they pick up on.
I love your family picture at the top it is so cute.

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

It is so good that you are writing all of these memoried down. Someday you will be so grateful that you did. There is a reason I sent that blue dress to your house! I can't stop laughing as I read about how you had to hide it! Just you wait!

Ryanne said...

I can see why she loves the dress, its definitely a princess dress :) That is such a cute story! Is she saying brown cat now?

The Crace's said...

You gotta love little parrots. Owen will randomly call me "Honey." Life must be so confusing at that age!

Hoenes Family said...

Okay, who would NOT want to wear that dress? I want to wear it! My girls would be obsessed with it for sure. Love the family pics.

Nicole said...

Stupid cat. Love it. at least its not what Ben calls cats...he calls them sh**head. Love this girl and love that dress!!