Thursday, May 5, 2011

Melt Me...

Last week, we got some family pictures taken with Kristin. She is awesome! She took some time off when she had a baby last May, but now she is back in the swing of things and I am so glad! Brooke is two, so that means busy, busy and I had to give Kristin a lot of credit--chasing around after our crazy daughter to get a good shot. It also means that our pics aren't necessarily the traditional, posed pics either. Brooke has dirt on her arm in one of them, her eyes might be a little squinty, or her dress is hiked up. Ah, but that's life with a toddler, right?Love this one...Brooke has started understanding "I love you" and wanting to give bigs hugs or squeezes. On Sunday Brooke came up to me in the kitchen, hugged my leg and said "Yedoo Mommy" I love you, Mommy. Oh melt me!! How could I not stop and pick her up and just squeeze the heck out of her?
This probably my favorite picture of Brooke:She kept on trying to pull this door open, certain that it was unlocked and she could go inside.On of the great things about Kristin is that she gives you full copyrights to all the pictures. So, Blake does not really like his face in this picture (i think it's cute) so ...Presto! I cropped him out and now it's a cute pic of just B. and I. It's not very often we get some family pics of all three of us together...usually it's just one parent with Brooke while the other parent takes the pic. Thanks Kristin!! We love them!

12 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

Courtney these turned out fabulous!!! I love the colors your chose to wear, too! I really love the last one with all three of you by the tree. Brooke looks adorable.....

I have Ryker's 2-yr photos scheduled next week, and I'm starting to get nervous. You're right, it is such a hard age to capture....but that is what you'll remember, right?! The wiggles, playfulness, silliness, etc.

Cali said...

Great family pictures! You have such a cute family and Brooke is such a pretty girl. :)

Nicole said...

the top picture of Brooke looks so much like YOU as a little girl. The rest, not so much, but I think she has your mouth for sure. These are super cute pictures. I love white in pictures even though they usually tell you not to wear it. You look really pretty too. Maybe Brooke will tell me she loves me this summer too!

mare said...

they really are SUPER cute court! i love the one you are all laying down laughing. also, this is weird, but i was trying to think of what to dress my family in for upcoming pictures, and wishing i could pull off skinny jeans (i really can't-- at least not for pictures); and i feel bound to tell you-- you totally could! you have the perfect shape for it.

oh, and court!! "a cute pic of just B. and I."?? (it IS a CUTE pic, but c'mon English teacher!) just kidding. i know, it's just a blog, i typo all the time, and i'm sure you're thinking, "and this from the girl who is a capitalization socialist?" this just happens to be my very own English teacher pet. We all have to have one. :)

Sarah said...

Super cute pictures! That's awesome she gives you the rights to them, too. I especially love the one of the three of you in the grass and the last one. Everyone looking at the camera and smiling? Miracle!

Fun with the Fenton's said...

Love, Love LOVE these pictures! You guys are such a cute family & Brooke is getting so big and even cuter! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Sarah H. said...

Too cute! I love them!!

Ryanne said...

I think they turned out so great! And really, you can't expect any more sitting still with a 2 year old, and Brooke looks adorable in all of them.

Unknown said...

They turned out so good, I love them too!

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

I've been waiting to see how the pics turned out...she did AMAZING! I love how natural they all look. You are an adorable family.

Adrienne said...

great pics

Anonymous said...

so dang cute! These will be such a keepsake!