....and because I was very dissapointed in the last two chick flicks I watched : How Do You Know and Morning Glory (both were dumb, don't waste your time)
Best Chick-Flicks I could watch over and over again (in no particular order):
1. The Holiday
2. The Devil Wears Prada
3. Serendipity
4. 13 Going on 30
5. Sweet Home Alabama
6. Mona Lisa Smile
7. Confessions of a Shopaholic
8. Maid in Manhatten
9. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
10. Just Like Heaven
I've read lots of books I liked, but there are only a few I could not put down. I always know I've read a keeper when Blake has to hide my book from me in order for us to spend time together
Books I've Devoured Recently:
1. The Help
2. These Is My Words
3. The Other Boelyn Girl (if you saw the movie, don't judge this book. The movie was awful!)
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns
5. The Outlander Series (there are 8 and they are huge books, so plan on devoting some time to it)
6. Water for Elephants (I'm way excited for the movie to come out!)
Best Young Adult Series I've read (although I wasn't technically a YA when I read these):
1. Twilight (of course, also books I've devoured)
2. Harry Potter Series
3.Hunger Games Trilogy
4. A Great and Terrible Beauty Trilogy
5. Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants series
6. Fablehaven Series
I've noticed that I like to read sci-fi/fantasy when it's in the YA category, but not so much if it's an adult book. I like more historical fiction for my adult reads.
Favorite YA books of all time:
1. The Outsiders
2. To Kill A Mockingbird
Up Next on my adult reading list:
1. 8th Outlander Book (except I think I still have a few years before this one gets published)
2. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
Up Next on my YA reading list: I have all these books that I order from Scholastic Book orders for my classroom and then I get interested in reading them too.
2. Immortal Instruments Series (Stephenie Meyer wrote a good review for these books, and SM's review of the Hunger Games is how I started reading those, so I'm thinking this series might be good)
3. The Maze Runner & it's upcoming sequel
4. The Beyonders (Brandon Mull's latest)
5. Beautiful Darkness (Sequel to Beautiful Creatures)
6. Crossed (sequel to Matched)
6. Forever (final installment of the Shiver & Linger Trilogy)
7. The Forest of Hands and Teeth Series
I'm sure there are others that I am missing, but this is all I can think of right now. Also let me say that everyone should choose books at their own risk. I am not saying my picks are for everyone!
And I am always on the lookout for good books/movies to read/watch so any recommendations would be awesome!
6 comments:
I am excited for Forever too. I think it comes out in July. I'll have to recheck your list for more reading material after I finish everything I just got from the library, very good list.
I love talking books with you. Here are a few suggestions I have received lately:
Unbroken
Sarah: Women of Genesis Series (Card)
I Captured the Castle (Smith)
Graceling (Cashore)
Have you heard anything about any of these books? I think we(you) should start a book club blog! That would be so fun!
Yay! I'm coming back to this post when I need something to read! Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions right now but when I do I'll let you know!
You forgot the latest Pride and Prjudice. I can watch that one over and over too. I have all but Serendipity and 13 going on 30 and Mona Lisa Smile on my list too. JaDee even likes Devil Wears Prada. Favorite line: "I am just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."
I wasn't sure how I felt about the Outlander series. I read the first one and it was Ok. I loved the other books you listed. I'll have to think of my own lists too;)
thanks i needed some ideas for my next trip to the library
What great lists. I saw many of my favorite books on there, but I must admit, when it comes to chick-flick movies, my favorites are from the '80s (like Steel Magnolias, Overboard, and Anne of Green Gables).
I'm with you on liking the sci-fi/fantasy for young adults, but not so much the adult books. And To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my absolute favorite books of all time. I saw one of your other posters suggest a book club blog -- I would totally be up for it!
Post a Comment