Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Joy

Isn't it funny how I posted a week ago about my frustrations with Brooke and now I am going to post about how much I love this sweet little girl? I think part of my frustration last week was that Blake was gone the entire week for a training. Now that he's home, it's been a lot better. When Blake comes home from work his famaliar greeting is "How are my girls doing?" Sometimes I say good other times I say "The girls needs a break from each other" And by the end of last week, being on my own, by the time he got back into town it was definitely the latter!

Tomorrow is the last day of school and so it's also the last day of Brooke being with her sitter. She grown up and learned so much this year! I cannot express how thankful I am that I found H. and how good she has been to Brooke and to us this year. H. measured all of her kids in September and then measured them again just a week ago and Brooke grew 5 inches! She also knows the shapes: star, heart, circle and sometimes triangle and square. She knows the names of all the colors, but has a hard time when you ask her "what color is it?" So now she goes around asking us what color everything is.

Brooke is also our comedic relief. On Saturday Blake and I were having a kind of serious and intense discussion and out of the corner of my eye I could see something bright run by. I looked over and immediately burst out laughing. Brooke had completely changed her clothes into this outfit of her creation:

Yep, those are PJ bottoms on her head
On Sunday afternoon we decided to go for a drive up the canyon. Everything was so green and beautiful. And since it was such a nice day, after so many days of rain, we decided to get out and look around. I have to mention that we hadn't thought at all that we'd be getting out of the car, so Blake and I were both dressed in our pajamas (our usual Sunday outfits if we think we won't be seeing anyone).Brooke loved looking at the water rushing under the bridge and all the "bubbles".We went for a little walk...But then Brooke got cold (we didn't bring a jacket) so we headed back to the car.Brooke loved throwing sticks and rocks into the riverYesterday when we came home we had a suprise waiting for us on the front porch--a sweet carepackage for Brooke. She loved everything & we really appreciated it. It came with a little pinwheel (which she calls her flower), a bunny stuffed animal, stickers, a little bag, and a bug catching kit. Some perfect things for our little explorer who loves to be outside!Brooke helping me to water (drown) our flowers.

Happy Summer everyone!

7 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

If the joy didn't outweigh the frustrations, parent's would have given up long ago.....however just last night I was asking myself if I really wanted another one - haha! Somedays my sanity can't handle more than one! And we may only have two total ;)

I'm amazed with Brooke's growth! That was fast!!! I'm curious what her percentiles are now...

Hoenes Family said...

Lucky! I wish I could go for a Sunday drive and run into a beautiful place like that! That outfit Brooke picked out was is hilarious.

Kristin Wilkerson Photography said...

So cute!! She is adorable!

Nicole said...

I hope I see here on Project Runway some day! That is some serious accessorizing...do I see underwear on her head?

Sarah said...

I love dress-up! That is too cute. Hooray for summer!

Sarah H. said...

She has a great sense of style...at least she kind of matched! I bet you are excited to be done with school and to spend more time with Brooke.

Mrs. Stephanie Finlayson said...

I guess in your post "easier yet harder" I should have put, "this too shall pass". You never know what our children will bring. I love her outfit. My girls loved putting their tights over their heads! It looked especially funny when they printed! Have another wonderful Sunday. Give everyone a hug and kiss.