Wow, where did July go? Our family was busy with holidays, family reunions, a trip out to the city, and Blake had a week-long conference for work he attended out of town (that made for a LONG week for mom!) and the month just flew by. Hello August!
Brooke is really excited to be starting school soon. Porter found Brooke's backpack and it looks like she's not the only one who's excited for school to start. I think he'll get a rude awakening when Brooke leaves on that first day and he doesn't get to go.
We still enjoy our daily cool-off sessions in the back yard
Look at our garden! We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, corn, peas, pumpkins, zucchini, and squash. As you can see the vines are trying to take over our yard.
We went on a family outing to the river (where it's really calm) and let the kids play on the shore and swim for a bit. We packed a picnic lunch and had a really great afternoon. Next time we'll bring a campchair for mom. Sitting on my rump on a rock or the hard ground was not fun with a 7 month pregnant belly!
Blake took Brooke swimming across the river to the other side.
Then it was Porter's turn
And speaking of the belly--it just keeps growing! I can't believe that in (hopefully) less than three months we'll get to meet the newest member of our family! The baby is very active, especially at night. I also have been getting tons of heartburn, leg cramps, and sciatic nerve leg/back pain. Besides feeling worn out from chasing 2 kids all day and feeling like I might die in the heat--I'm actually doing pretty good!
2 comments:
Very fun August happenings for you guys, I can't believe its time for school to start! You have a good attitude for all you're enduring in your pregnancy, keep it up :)
Lots of fun things for your family! Your kids are growing so fast and are all so darling!
Post a Comment