Monday, August 18, 2014

These are the days

Early in the morning I hear the squeak of a bedroom door opening. Little feet pad into my bedroom and I can barely see a blonde head reaching above the height of the mattress. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I hear the grunt of a little body trying to climb up on the bed. Finally he makes it, climbs under the covers, lays his head on the pillow right next to mine and says, "Morning!" I open my eyes and laugh and snuggle close to him. We lay there and snuggle and laugh until he finally says, "eat now". Sister usually joins us in the morning too. She'll climb on the other side of me or will take Porter downstairs to get something to eat while I get a few more minutes of rest before the day begins. This has been how our day has begun for the last month or so. I look forward to every morning when Porter climbs in bed with me and Brooke pokes her sleepy head and crazy hair into my room. 

Today as I was laying there trying to wake up, I heard Brooke say to Porter, "We're going to be best buddies and not throw any more fits." (Can I get a hallelujah?!) 

The other morning, Blake was helping grate zucchini from our garden so I could make bread. We told the kids to go upstairs and play. After a while it was very quiet up there so I went to investigate. I found them in Porter's closet reading books together.


 Then Mr. P on his bike. He was making me laugh so hard wearing the helmet on his head.

We also love when Porter talks about hummingbirds. He pronounces it "yummy-terd"

These are the days I want to remember.

No comments: