Monday, August 18, 2014

Picnic with the big trucks

I can't remember if I already posted the these first few pictures. 

Oh how this boy loves his car, buses, trucks, trains, and boats. It amazes me that he can just play with his trucks on the floor for hours.

 He also loves to help me sweep. I swear he has bionic hearing. He can be down in the basement and if I get the broom out he'll come running upstairs wanting to help. I usually give him the small dustpan and sweeper to use while I clean up.
 The first part of August was the annual summer picnic at Blake's work. This was our second time going and we always have a great time. The kids got their faces painted, we ate a yummy dutchoven lunch, there were carnival games and bounce-houses/slides for the kids and of course the main event: the heavy equipment.

 Porter was a go getting on the inflatable slides. He climbed up the ladder all by himself and loved coming down the steep slides. I tried to get a picture of him coming down, but he was just too fast.

Brooke is teeny-tiny standing in front, Porter is by the ladder on the right and you can see how big just the wheel of the truck is compared to Blake standing on the left:


 They had a professional photographer at the event and she took a few family pictures so we'll see how they turn out.  And although I assumed the pictures would be free, I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll have to pay for them if we want the images. So depending on how good they will determine if I actually buy any ;)

No comments: