We had a great fourth of July. Blake had to work, which is always sad when that happens, but I've gotten pretty good and handling the kids and activities on my own. We started the day with a parade.
Porter literally sat and waved to everyone in the parade the entire time. It was really cute.
After the parade, we went home to relax and I attempted to take pictures of the kids in their red, white, and blue.
While the boys were napping, Brooke and I made red, white, and blue cupcakes for a neighborhood BBQ that night.
After dinner, we headed over to watch the city fireworks. Now that arial fireworks are legal, we got to watch tons of fireworks going on all over town. By the time the actual city fireworks show started, my kids were kind of done with the whole thing and not really interested anymore. And poor Grant! I thought he'd sleep but nope, he was awake the entire time. He was good and didn't cry, but he was super tired. As we got home our neighbors were lighting off a huge fireworks show of their own. I am thinking for next year we'll just sit on our front lawn and watch the fireworks going off around our neighborhood. It's all the same to my kids!
The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I am proud to be an American and to have all the freedoms we enjoy in our country. I am all too aware that other nations are struggling and are oppressed. I know I am blessed to live here and to raise my children here. I am so thankful to the men and women who have fought and continue to fight to defend these freedoms we enjoy. I pray that I will never take them for granted and hope one day my children will come to have the same deep love that I have for this great country.
No comments:
Post a Comment