We finally got a Nativity set that the kids can play with.
And here's Grant helping me with the dishes.
I told Porter to put away the kid dishes and this is what I found when he was finished...
We went to Blake's work Christmas party and part of the decorations were these giant balloons. When it was over, the company said we could take one home and I knew the kids would think it was the coolest thing ever. When I got tired of it, I had the kids write their letter to Santa on it and then we let it go outside, sending it to the North Pole.
For dinner, I also tried to make Grinch rolls but dying the dough green didn't really work.
Grant just entertained himself while all this Grinch stuff was going on.
Enjoying some Grinch cookies
Oh, and Grant decided he would undecorate the house for us.
For dinner, I made "Who" Stew (aka chili) to go along with our Grinch rolls.
Then just the other day Grant thought it would be funny to throw an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet.
While I was wrapping presents one day, Grant decided to help supervise. He laid claim to this present, which funny enough, is actually one for him! As you can see, I ran out paper to completely wrap the entire box, but I don't think Grant with mind.
Our library does a story time with Santa. This Santa was amazing! He let the kids ask questions before reading the story.
Then, he had the entire Polar Express story memorized.
After the story, he explained to the kids about Baby Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas. Then he took time with each kid to talk with and interact with them. Grant still does not like Santa.
But I love this photo of Santa with Porter. Porter asked for a bulldozer, but really just loved talking with him.
Another mess courtesy of Grant
Grant is interested in the Christmas tree, but thankfully since we have a live one, the needles are pretty pokey and keep him mostly away.
One day Porter thought it would be a good idea to make a slide out of couch cushions and see if he could slide down it in a plastic box.





1 comment:
All the pictures of Grant destroying just crack me up! What a fun, busy, hard age. He is super cute. I love your real tree. One of my preschool kids brought a little sprig of his real tree for show and tell. It smelled so good! It totally took me back to being a kid and having a real tree. That's neat that you get a real one every year. What a great tradition!
Post a Comment